Star Destroyer Revell Easy Kit Pocket

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Revell added some kits in its Easy Kit Pocket line. It's sold in Europe, don't know about the world.

Here is the Star Destroyer. It's tiny, some big and some very tiny parts, and it's somehow not the good modern kit I was expecting.

Anyhow, here are the picture of the Star Destroyer.

Art box

The parts

The building process is simple even though you'll discover some flaw in the instruction and parts that didn't fit well. Nothing tamiya thin cement and some clamps can solve, but you're fare from "don't need any tools or glue".

Stay tune for the WIP !

Your door stops are triangular ? :D

Why does the bottom section look like the entire body is riveted? That's just odd for a kit! Guess they figured that no one would notice!

LrdSatyr8 said:
Why does the bottom section look like the entire body is riveted? That's just odd for a kit! Guess they figured that no one would notice!

Wow, you got that right, strange looking....

It's no rivets, it's rectangular shape "details". Too huge, too thick but no rivets per say.

I already build it. Didn't even took picture for the moment. Some tiny parts (thrusters) are not easy to cut and sand, and there's also too parts that didn't fit anywhere.

Anyhow I'm convinced it's a good practice kit, or a kitbash source.

LrdSatyr8 said:
Would love to see the pics of the completed kit.. I'm sure it's small.

About the lenght of my thumb...

I may buy another one to build the Interdictor... ;)

Well, I bought one of these on ebay. I've liked the other pocket kits...cheap and fun to mod. I'll probably sand the "zits" down a little and repaint it, but it doesn't look bad for a small scale Star Destroyer.

After looking at your other posts, I may have to grab a few more. I had no idea Revell was still doing their pocket kits.

I merely done some washes with black "something" from Citadel... It recess the details. I also modifie one big flaw : a rather pointy aft, cut it a little ot obtain the right shape.

DOn't have sanded the tiny mini thrusters, but the starship is done. THe parts fits pretty well, even though some glue can be in order... THe fun fact is there is only ONE way to put all this together right. Like the Gashapon toys, the holes and stuff are made to fit in ONE way and ONE way only. GIve it a try in another way, you'll have some major gaps and issues. So stay focus and check the way the parts must be assembled. :)

DSC04269_zps064510df.jpg
DSC04270_zps2cccacef.jpg
DSC04271_zps2ddeb4f4.jpg
DSC04272_zpsc0e4e89e.jpg
DSC04273_zps18dd0de0.jpg
DSC04275_zps5f67fa30.jpg
DSC04276_zps238ec2f9.jpg

Obviously it's not done yet but the building process itself took me like 5 minutes.
The kit may be a good model to begin with, or kitbash something :)

Latest posts

Back