Star Destroyer Diorama "The Remains of an Empire"

Damn this is such an amazing work of art.

But because you asked, I would like to throw in my 4 cents. I think the dunes (from what I can see in the pics) look too similar. I think it would be cool to have some smooth dunes followed with some rough dunes/rocky areas as the dune slopes downward again. It's kinda like imagining how the wind blows and can make dunes in one direction very smooth, but then the slopes on the opposite side are rough or more steep. If you look at this picture you can see how the dunes are smoother/less steep on one side and then have a sharper drop off on the other side.

But that's just me. I think either way you go about it, this is going to be fantastic. I hope you finish it for the contest. Then again, for everyone else entering the diorama category, I hope not. ;D

Cheers and fantastic work again.

Ah thanks for the feedback! Yeah i also think there could be more higher dunes and i planned to do a rocky wall on the starboard side of the vessel. It´s hard to imagine what´s on the other side of the ship cause the dunes where the trailer scene starts looks a lot more in front of the wreck.

Great reference on the dunes. This is a fantastic piece of art man....seriously cool.

Really looking great!! I think there is a lot of potential in this kind of area:

5BFC53C6-B8D1-4429-A3B3-3E09141FE323_zpsfrtjotjk.jpg

By which I mean having the light poke through more like a shoddy tin roof or something...kinda like this:

Screenshot_49.jpg

sisd.png

Here's and idea for anyone without anything planned for the rest of their lives: make about 10 of these guys in different stages of disarray starting with a just recently crashed ship and ending with a century-old rusted bucket of junk.

In addition to complementing you on this work I need to also commend you for your bravery.

These star destroyers are pretty rare and expensive kits and you are morphing it into something else altogether...and it's beautiful

Thanks a lot guys! Your feedback mean´s a lot to me.

@Nick: Great idea mate. Maybe i remove a few more panels and i place the Dio outside under the Sun to make a few pics with real sunlight. I guess that would rock. BTW It´s hard to spot but at those dark areas inside the SD there are also Sanddunes in there coming from the Sandstorms and so on.

Some truly amazing work!! Nicely executed so far!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Can't wait to see the endgame!! ;D

Very, very good I'm waiting finish. I think it would deserve first place in the Sci-Fi Contest.
I wish you success.

Thanks everyone! I´m still working on it but another Falcon crossed my way. Now i´m working both. ;)

Latest posts

Back