Star Blazer * esque Kitbash of Type VII U boat ( 36")

Well , didn't have enough to post yesterday but here's an update --

center engine in primer 006_zps32fd9d1c.jpg

.. and with Bob , The " AVES Tree " ::) is the port engine maneuvering thrusters going on ... more on that later

010_zps8b408261.jpg

I was setting up to scribe panel lines and realized that this boat is all raised lines and rivet runs --- makes sense .
So I sliced down some .010 sheet -- Thinnest I have ,,, we'll see how it looks before I do the others

018_zps914eef1b.jpg

A chunk of stuff for a visual of the future :

030_zps8cccc26f.jpg
The ports will have lines entering from the hull and exiting down toward the nozzles -- not nec like this ..
002_zpsd14ff1d7.jpg

FBHC15lrg.jpg

This thing is going to be more of a scratch-bash than a kit-bash .. ship kits big enough are too krazy expensive for donors ...
Digital Navy has the entire plans for the IJN Fuso for only30 bucks ! Her main mast was 141 feet above the waterline . That pagoda mast will be 7 1/4 inches tall @ 1/200 ;D
that's 20% the length --- might have to add some decks ...

fuso5.jpg

The paper model from those plans , , that some amateur threw together ... ;)

P2040482-1.jpg

This thing gets crazier every time i come here,

This thing is Nozzel city mate ;D

Niiiiiice, you can never have enough nozzels in my opinion.

For interesting nozzel internals look at some pooring spouts from liquer bottles, voddy being a good one or some sauce bottles have interesting ones
Gag

;D Hey guys !
Thank you very much for the compliments ! That's quite generous , Levo - thank you
I'm glad you're digging the direction .
Gagster , my vodka man , there will be more nozzle action for sure ;) --- I want the tail end to be a Bouquet Of Fiery Goodness ;D

..I've been digging around here for doo-dads and found a bunch of different snap fastener pieces that I think work well for thruster ports ...
Here's the starboard engine roughed out for maneuvering thrusters --- figure they can dump full power in these outboard engines to these side exhaust for a little fun ,.....

012_zps4595efe5.jpg

It will get the same supply line treatment as the center unit

022_zps80471cc4.jpg

024_zpsa489db1a.jpg

026_zps3c9fe695.jpg

Right now I'm deciding which arrangement looks better for the smaller thrusters ( I'm fine with the large one ) .

Like this .. they'll be blended in with Aves .. :
030_zpsde31399b.jpg

This : smaller versions of above , inverted :

040_zpsf662e66c.jpg

This : The above capped --- exactly like the bigger , main one .. They have enough depth to be convincing if you look down into em

032_zps3abe5100.jpg

The original plan : :-\

036_zps6c3d8ff6.jpg

... These ones on the right certainly look like some kinda articulated nozzle ;) -- I want to incorporate them somewhere ---maybe into "docking" thrusters up forward ...
I've been experimenting with drilling out the center and combining em with various critters ..

003_zps44a9b5d4.jpg

I'm using the ones on the left for the detail down inside these 10 center engines ,, drilled thru the center :

008_zps54658e6f.jpg

.. .. . They go way down in there -- If I push it past there I'll never get it back out ::) :p

.. food for thought ..
I think blended flush might work .. :-\ ?

010_zps694c1822.jpg
014_zps271f365e.jpg

Hmmmmmm ::)

016_zps129a8944.jpg
Might need to deepen those divisions ...

This is the first time I've used Zap-A-Gap CA , the glue certainly works well enough but the container is abysmal .
Gold medal award for worst ever --- I got a little 1/4 oz bottle to check it out . Personally , I've never had issues with CA regardless of manufacturer ------- I probably should not have twisted the top off as they tell you .
I need to go back on this and do MORE CA clean-up :p
... but I like the panel connectors
Think it's gonna look wicked with the piping and the additional connecting struts ;D

022_zps8c31c8aa.jpg
024_zps127ccc27.jpg
026_zps8e2b2a11.jpg

urumomo said:
This is the first time I've used Zap-A-Gap CA , the glue certainly works well enough but the container is abysmal .
Gold medal award for worst ever --- I got a little 1/4 oz bottle to check it out . Personally , I've never had issues with CA regardless of manufacturer ------- I probably should not have twisted the top off as they tell you .
I need to go back on this and do MORE CA clean-up :p
... but I like the panel connectors
Think it's gonna look wicked with the piping and the additional connecting struts ;D

022_zps8c31c8aa.jpg
024_zps127ccc27.jpg
026_zps8e2b2a11.jpg

What are the metal parts you used on the front of this???

They look good for scratch building!

What are the metal parts you used on the front of this???
I found them in the beading section @ Michael's -- think they were labeled " spacer beads "

Latest posts

Back