El Agheila to El Alamein
George Bradford

Chapters:
The Birth of the Afrika Korps

Fortress Tobruk & Operation Crusader

Gazala Battles: Into the Cauldron

El Alamein: The Final gambit

The Desert Fox

The Deutsches Afrika Korps ( D.A.K.) , was filled out from the 5th Panzer Regiment, from 3rd. Panzer Division as well as a few other units. It later became known as the 5th Light Division, & later the 21st. Panzer Division, They were later joined by the 15th Panzer Division.

StackPole-RommelsAfrikaKorpsIII.jpg

This is not a biography on Rommel, rather it’s a concise look at the entire Korps, Their Allies & Combatants. Tactics & Deployment from the German point of view.

Loaded with wartime photos, artists plates, maps, & Order of battle tables for both Germany, Italy, & Great Britain. A wealth of reference for the Military Modeler and Armchair General alike.

StackPole-RommelsAfrikaKorpsIV1.jpg

This is a soft cover, Large format book. Brimming with 211 pages, over 100 pictures, color maps, & color plates of the Machinery of War from both sides of the Chess Board. Written by well known Author George R.Bradford , this book should find a place in your Military library.

I would like to thank Stackpole Books for the review sample
http://www.stackpolebooks.com/showproducts.cfm?WPCID=1022

StackpoleRommelsAfrikaKorpsV.jpg

StackPole-RommelsAfrikaKorpsII.jpg

Erik Roberson​

It looks a good book, Erik,

For a reader, good reference books are always a joy to read, and this one seems so...

By the way, North Africa Theater of Ops was the most (with much difference) "civilizated" war scenario during WWII (I´ve readen that -non counting Ostfront, of course, due to sadly very well known reasons- from better to worst, the Theater of Ops in wich non-URSS* combatants were involved were: North Africa > West Europe > Italy > Asia/Pacific).

I´ve readen (long time ago) St. Martin´s "DAK" (very far from the graphic quality of this stackpole book, I believe by far), and Hans Von Luck´s "Panzer Commander"... DAK history, exploits & fate is always interesting. A doomed Armee almost from the beginning.

Thanks, Erik, lad, ;)
RG

*Historic note: URSS finally became involved in war against Japan on Aug. 09 1.945, Op. "August Storm", it lasted eleven days.

Latest posts

Back