Spitfire Mk IIa Revell 1/32 03986

mademodeller

Spitfire Mk IIa Revell 1/32 03986 part 1
Review
[youtube]http://youtu.be/shsjjFwS9E8[/youtube]
Part 1 build
[youtube]http://youtu.be/nRkhSZYu2Ms[/youtube]
First thing I had to do with this model was to give it a good soapy wash. Then I decided to clear out the holes in the bulkheads and clean all the parts that I needed the photo-etched to be attached to.
DSC00192_zps6deeuq7o.jpg
As you can see here I have attached or the photo-etched that will need to be painted.
DSC00188_zpszvagrypz.jpg
Next I came to the chair this is a large piece of photo-etched so I decided that the time had come to showed you that I solder these large pieces together rather than gluing them. this make a much stronger joint I find. (check out my video at the top to see me sold a this chair)
DSC00193_zpsepycmxbs.jpg
I used crystal clear for the side raps.
DSC00194_zpslcvehigf.jpg
Once I finished all the photo etched I needed to paint it. I gave the whole model a coat of car primer this is the one I use normally but in white but I've had to use the red as a shop has sold out of white.
DSC00191_zpsgfviu4vh.jpg
Here you can see the results this gives a nice coat overall plastic and photo-etched for the top coat of paint.
DSC00190_zps0wjvvqbu.jpg
Next I applied the interior green colour when dried I'd put the coloured photo-etched on and gave it a overall ink wash for shading.
DSC00196_zps1my0hpna.jpg
In this picture I started dry fitting it to the fuselage to make sure everything fits in the right place.
DSC00195_zpso73oafg4.jpg
He is the completed chair I've just got to paint the head rest but I'll do that later before the canopy goes on.
DSC00197_zps3zuec3wk.jpg
With the tub completed a glued it to one side of the fuselage.
DSC00199_zps4mhir4ba.jpg
This has been a full 7 day week over 2 weeks.
Thank you for looking hope you modelling is going great see you all soon.

This is look on point!

I'll be starting to build this very kit myself soon for a friend who's commissioned me to build it for him for an art project of his.

Will definitely be following you and your progress with this build.

:)

I did the old tooling of this kit last year that had been sitting around in my basement for years unbuilt. It was nightmare with fit issues, but turned out OK. Want to do this new re-tooled version when I get a chance. Nice tip on soldering the larger photo-etch parts. I'll have to try that sometime.

WOW!!

Looks awesome!!

I've always wanted to know how you get the cockpit dials looking so good.

Witchcraft!
;D

Great work so far. I plan to start mine in the next week or so- I remember reading the How to build book, and thinking how Jim had made a relatively cheap kit expensive by adding to it. I thought I wouldnt do the same, but Mr Sutherland has made a few dollars from me on this build- added pretty much all his resin extras plus a set of quickboost exhausts.

Alan Kelley said:
Great work so far. I plan to start mine in the next week or so- I remember reading the How to build book, and thinking how Jim had made a relatively cheap kit expensive by adding to it. I thought I wouldnt do the same, but Mr Sutherland has made a few dollars from me on this build- added pretty much all his resin extras plus a set of quickboost exhausts.

You just got to pick your items you want to use like only do the cockpit or the out side bits thats watt i do some times i will build out of the box.
the next one to do is the Mig 21 from Eduard club it came with all the goody but i am building it with out the goody having put them into a another one weekend one from Eduard.

Latest posts

Back