Spider-Man

I like Spider-man as well, it will be nice to see him all finished up and swinging off the camera you take pictures of him with! :)

I've always wondered what was in that box... looking forward to seeing this one. Love that web-slinger.

This evening started removing the parts from the sprue and doing some test fitting to get a idea of how pieces fit together. There will be some seam work involved in areas like his leg, shoulder and maybe his neck area.
100_5122.jpg

Once I get the parts cleaned up, the overall fit of the pieces will go together nicely. Here is a exploded view of SM,
100_5126.jpg

Here is a close up of the Eagle head.
100_5125.jpg

I love Spidey... This looks like it'll be an awesome build... but personally I'd use foild for the white parts of the eyes instead of painting them white... would really bring out the shine! :)

The kit goes together well. There are really no fit issues. Whoever designed this kit did a great job on having the seam lines run through the recess of the webbing. This helps hide them. There are a few areas that need Aves putty such as on the feet and around the wrist. The legs did present a challenge to hide the seam lines. After a little filler and primer, the seams disappear.
feet.jpg
wrist.jpg
leg1.jpg
leg2.jpg

Primed and ready for paint!!! The red is the easiest in my opinion. The blue seems the most challenging to paint. I am going to paint in stages starting with light blue and work my way to a dark blue. Not sure if this is the right way but we will see how it turns out.
Spider_1.jpg

I could not resist starting work on the webbing. I had no idea how I was going to do this. Should I do a wash or black paint marker pin? Hmmm? I decided the paint marker. With a little touch up, I think this is going to work.
backweb.jpg

I started the on eyes. Just waiting for them to dry and next is the black highlights. Spider Man is starting to take character.
face.jpg

Nice! As for the black webbing, how about trying this?

If you are using an acrylic paint for the red. Seal it up with a good clear coat like future, then use an enamel paint for the black wash. The thinner for the black paint will not eat into future so you can just dampen a rag in thinner and wipe off the excess paint with ease. I have done this before with not a problem in the world. It is a nice way to get recessed panels filled with color easily and quickly.

Grendels, thanks for the suggestion. I have the future and enamel thinner. I going to get some enamel black paint this week and try this wash this weekend. How long do you suggest the future to dry (12 or 24 hrs) before I apply the wash?

Future dries fairly quickly so overnight should be fine. I just did this on my Honda build. Works very well. I didn't even use future over the tamiya paint. I just went ahead and put the enamel down. Thinner just took off the excess without damaging the Tamiya paint.

Latest posts

Back