Speaker box diorama

Timbaux

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering the last few days what to use for a base to start building a diorama...
While in the basement adding wood to the furnace I noticed two old speakers that have been laying around forever.
DSCN5136_zps3756b2fa.jpg
DSCN5137_zpsbf598df4.jpg
So I gutted one speaker and this will be the base for my first dio
DSCN5139_zpsda78fe96.jpg
While downstairs I found some thin wood paneling to cover up the holes for the speakers and some other materials to get me started a building the garage.

will update when I decide to leave and opening or not for use in the garage. Thanks for looking!

Steve

no more holes for now

with the holes covered up and a quick layout
DSCN5142_zps85504be8.jpg
DSCN5143_zpsd32a4e61.jpg

was thinking of building up the base with plaster of paris... not sure if this would be the best to use?
time to cut some panels for the garage and maybe some siding.

Well, got a little bit of head way done. Cut up some panels, got some supplies and poured some plaster. Here is how it looks so far.
DSCN5144_zps6c96e568.jpg
DSCN5146_zps9d06ccdb.jpg
DSCN5148_zps0f2c2fc0.jpg
Might of went to high with the door :-\

Was thinking about cutting up some strips of modeling clay I picked up today and sitting the walls on it to make it look like a footing. Not sure yet... Also tried making some shingles to see what kind of look it would give, but I'm not decided if its worth the time making the shingles for how it looks so far.

Thanks for looking! Comments appreciated.

Steve

I think the shingles would looks cool but that is going to be hours and hours of work.

Latest posts

Back