Space shuttle with 747 transport: Completed!

Re: Space shuttle with 747 transport

Well after doing a grey coat, I took a look at the seams on the 747. I have to do more, you guessed it: Seam Filling!!!!! But it isn't like at the beginning, there isn't much to fix, and my panel lines need to be re-scored a bit.

None of this will take long to fix and then we will have a second grey coat on her!!

I saw this kit dirt cheap over the weekend ...I ran ..not walked ..ran from it,,
a picture popped up instantly of your build...and my lack of patience.

The one in my stash my not get built at this rate

Grendels said:
Well after doing a grey coat, I took a look at the seams on the 747. I have to do more, you guessed it: Seam Filling!!!!!
I'm starting to think you like it... ^^

Nah, seriously, keep working on this kit, you're almost finished.
(and i want to see that rustoleum paint ;))

@ Grendels - I feel for you and that seam filling '47...you're almost there and it will feel great to move on to something else knowing that the evil kit is finished.

Quaralane: If you want to try this kit, have a LOT of patience. One youtuber sent me a video of the Space Shuttle model that Academy produces. and it is just as bad as this thing.

Exarkun77: You will get to see that paint soon. It came out very very well.

RocketSilo: Good idea!! There will be better ones out soon.

JMac: It will feel very good to move on to something else when this is done. I really don't have much left. Space shuttle will be done this weekend!!

ScarredKustoms, that was a lot of tape, but wait until you see the 747..... It has more.

Shuttle's looking really good.
And thanks for the mention. :) (you got a lot closer than some would with the name)

Impressive work on that teeny canopy

Thanks Quaralane. I will work on how to pronounce it, I will just have to watch a few more of your videos. I plan on taking a clear piece left over from another build, and scratching it up really good, and trying to fix it in a later video.

good resto job on the canopy ! now the cherry on top would be a dip in future

Rocketsilo: Great tip, made that canopy shine!!!

You call that snow !!! lol Looking good!! Thinking that knowing that tamiya paints won't stick to rustoleum could come in handy.

We watch you because your so damn entertaining,also it's cool to see a kit being built from start to finish and seeing how you would tackle any glitches whilst making it.

Great vid John, I had no idea about the Rustoleum issue either - thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the tip on using the straw,, I could have used that one a week ago.
The shuttle is looking good !

Java: Thanks!! I this kit has been one big glitch... But it is near done now. I am thinking about the base and how to present this model.

ScarredKustoms: That little snow shut down the town for the whole day. No school, and quite a few businesses shut down.

RocketSilo: You are welcome, I am amazed I haven't broken those mast off the model. I usually do break parts like that and then have to fix them.

Scott: I know that Testor's acrylics don't stick to it well, not sure about Tamiya, but I bet it is the same result. I am going to do a series of experimental videos in the next month or two and I am going to find out for sure. I will post those videos in the painting section because that is what they will deal with. No real model, just sheets of styrene painted up and played with.

Latest posts

Back