Soviet PK-42 Fieldkitchen

FAUST

Ola guys

Between all the projects currently on going I needed something that could be finished quickly. So I picked up Miniart's excellent PK-42 Field Kitchen and set to work. Built it OOTB and so far after all the painting it looks like this
PK_42_001.jpg

PK_42_002.jpg

PK_42_003.jpg

PK_42_004.jpg

PK_42_005.jpg

And I filmed every step of the way since I wanted to try to create a Timelapse movie of the whole project. I wanted to do that for a long time and finally last week I found out how to do it. It is my first time I do this so some shots are a bit out of focus but still I'm pretty pleased with the result. This is part 1 and deals with painting. Part 2 that is coming soon will deal with weathering. All I can say is sit back and enjoy.

Painting and weathering a PK-42 Soviet Fieldkitchen Part 1

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker

Great video, love the music ;D

I like how you did the wood effect on the cutting board, very nice.

What's in the pot :p

@ Geegad
Thanks for the kind words. I like Miniarts concept of putting a complete dio in 1 box. And the figures together make a nice little scene. Perfect for a small diorama indeed.

@ Roy
Thanks for the compliments. That wood is one of those neat tricks I learned through the years. It especially looks good if you have a civilian car with wood and you add a gloss coat over it.
In the pot is a carrot and potato stew (at least something that should resemble that.) Miniart shows the pot open on the boxart but they sadly don't provide you with anything to put in it. So some scratchbuilding is needed.
And you really can't go wrong with the Barber of Seville when it comes to music. It was just the right nervous tune that fits the nervous rythm of the movie... That and it was royalty free so it plays on the computer as well as on cellphone.

Ola Rookie
Thanks for the reply. Glad you like it. I cooked something that should somehow resemble Potato and carrot stew. Soviet russian Chowstyle.

@ Jose
Thanks for the kind words. It absolutely is a fun little kit and goes together without problems.

@ Spud
Thanks for the compliments.

Great job FAUST!!! I really like how the details and paint job came out with this kit. You did a superb job. I can see the steam rising off the pot of stew.

Hehehehe Yeah Dinner is ready.

I really need to pick up the pace with part 2 of this project. So much to do So little time.

Latest posts

Back