South Oroville Railroad

This will be an incredible layout once fully constructed Tex!! Was the building purpose built to house the layout? Is this an "official club" project or just some friends ganging up on it? Have you guys got a lot of the structures already built? The backdrop and benchwork look excellent! Please keep posting on the progress!! This is sooooo cool!

fumblethumbs said:
This will be an incredible layout once fully constructed Tex!! Was the building purpose built to house the layout? Is this an "official club" project or just some friends ganging up on it? Have you guys got a lot of the structures already built? The backdrop and benchwork look excellent! Please keep posting on the progress!! This is sooooo cool!

Yes the building was built on My property. It is 25'x40'. The layout takes up 25;x 34' of the building.

This is My layout, and I am getting a lot of help from My friends.

I wish the structures were done. I have some of the buildings I need, but not all by a long shot.

Currently what is built will hold the staging yard and the first level. I am working on the staging yard which requires 9 #6 turnouts, and almost 300' of track. The turnouts are hand built using Fasttracks fixtures. They are taking about 6 hours each to build at this time (remember guy's My vision is 20/200, so I am a wee bit slower.). It's worth the time as they look great, and perform better than anything on the market. Track will be Micro Engineering code 83 flex track on the mainline, and code 70 on spurs.

Thanks for checking it out.

Greg

Wow Greg that is Fairly impressive, I think a few over on the Irish modeller site will love this as a few, not that there is many there yet. will love this, there is a section for Trains if you would like to share it with them :)

Click the banner in my sig :) that is of course if you wana :D

spud said:
Wow Greg that is Fairly impressive, I think a few over on the Irish modeller site will love this as a few, not that there is many there yet. will love this, there is a section for Trains if you would like to share it with them :)

Click the banner in my sig :) that is of course if you wana :D

I will post it as soon as the account is activated.

Greg

That looks pretty fun I'm envious of the amount of space! It's gonna be sweet when it's done and I can only imagine the amount of enjoyment you'll get out of it. Looks like it's gonna be some great hobbying!

Most modelers complain of a lack of space.... hey why not just build a house...lol! love it.

cant wait to see the finished product

p.s love the sound track

Cave_Dweller said:
That looks pretty fun I'm envious of the amount of space! It's gonna be sweet when it's done and I can only imagine the amount of enjoyment you'll get out of it. Looks like it's gonna be some great hobbying!

Thanks for watching. Still moving forward building turnouts. They are hand built, and taking Me about 6 hours each to build. Will post some picks on the turnouts when I get a chance.

rookie said:
Most modelers complain of a lack of space.... hey why not just build a house...lol! love it.

cant wait to see the finished product

p.s love the sound track

I have 10 acres here... so why not build Me a Train house!

The sound track I found on the internet, and is entitled 'Unit 7'

Very cool, I can't wait to get my RR Empire started. It will be modeled after the C&NW RR in SE Wisconsin in the late 70's

-Steven

WigWag Workshop said:
Very cool, I can't wait to get my RR Empire started. It will be modeled after the C&NW RR in SE Wisconsin in the late 70's

-Steven

Cool! I like the CN&W. They had a nice paint scheme, and logo. Hope You get to start soon.

Greg

Great Job! Thats looks like a fantastic Man Cave. Keep posting updates.

Rob W.

Latest posts

Back