Some models to sell

Might be intrested in that Enterprise you've got there, but..

Do you ship overseas and do you have any idea about how much that would cost?

Afraid that the only shipping I do outside of the US is to Canada.
Just gets prohibitively expensive, and there are issues shipping to many places now

Quaralane said:
Afraid that the only shipping I do outside of the US is to Canada.
Just gets prohibitively expensive, and there are issues shipping to many places now
Buyer does pay for shipping, so that shouldnt really be an issue for the seller. And I havent really heard of any issues with shipping to anywhere, except egypt and so on. (Might be something with the US tho, that happens.)

But ok, you dont want to send anything to Sweden, so I'll just have to keep looking.

Maybe some other time!

Reason for edit: The original post could come of as a bit rude, and that was not intended.

Quarlane....I have shipped many parcels to Sweden, Norway, Finland, etc, with no problems.

If the buyer wants the kit and is willing to pay the cost of the shipping, I see no problem.

If he said he was in Egypt, Italy (not sure why Italy is so different than the rest of Europe) I would have a problem with it, and insist on a level of shipping that would have live tracking and insurance (and the buying willing to pay that), otherwise you should have no problem shipping it anywhere.

In other words...if you cover your butt when it comes to the shipping, the buyer can't come back on you for non-delivery.

I'll have to think about it, to be honest.
Call it "sour grapes" from being burned before about delivery times overseas

So insist on live tracking, then the buyer can see for himself as to how long it can take. Covers your butt, and the buyer can see where it is at all times....no complaints on how long it takes.

But Sweden I have found seems to be one of the "good" countries to ship it to. If cheap surface is chosen for shipping, then the buyer has to expect it to be a month or more before they get it, but it does eventually get there.

Problem is....most international buyers will take the cheapest form of shipping (usually surface) and then complain that it took 3 months to arrive. Fact of the matter, when it is sent surface....it is literally on the "slow boat", and takes time.

Jocke....not saying you are one of these people....just I have run into it myself, so please don't think I am lumping you in with the trouble makers! LOL

Elm City Hobbies said:
So insist on live tracking, then the buyer can see for himself as to how long it can take. Covers your butt, and the buyer can see where it is at all times....no complaints on how long it takes.

But Sweden I have found seems to be one of the "good" countries to ship it to. If cheap surface is chosen for shipping, then the buyer has to expect it to be a month or more before they get it, but it does eventually get there.

Problem is....most international buyers will take the cheapest form of shipping (usually surface) and then complain that it took 3 months to arrive. Fact of the matter, when it is sent surface....it is literally on the "slow boat", and takes time.

Jocke....not saying you are one of these people....just I have run into it myself, so please don't think I am lumping you in with the trouble makers! LOL
Exactly! Trackable shipping is great for both the buyer and the seller.

When buying stuff on ebay and so forth, you have to expect either silly shipping rates or slow shipping. I'm fully aware of this so I usually dont complain. (Except if the seller says that it'll take 3 weeks and nothing has showed up 2 months..)

I've bought stuff online for years and I've never been tricked (Just make sure that the seller isnt a douchebag and you're fine), so I generally trust people that the stuff will get here eventually. Tracking is nice, but I'm usually happy with proof that they've sent it, since that often lowers the shipping fee even more. (Buying a kit for a fiver and then paying 40 bucks for shipping feels a bit off..)

Anyhow, I dont know where I'm going with this, so I'll stop here.

And about shipping to Italy... uhm..
Never met anyone who's done that, so I cant say what's different with it. I've been warned about doing it, but I've never gotten a reason to why. The postal system down there is a bit different (I've seen that first hand), but I dont see why it should be any worse sending stuff there than to the rest of europe..

Latest posts

Back