Solander's "Take Earth Back" Mass Effect/Gundam Crossover Dio 1/32 [WiP]

Solander

Hi, guys.
Guess its time for me to finally post some work in progress.

Currently I'm working on a sort of a crossover dio with two 1/32 Mass Effect figures from NorthStarModels - Shepard and Liara - and a 1/144 Bandai Gundam Zaku that I want to integrate into the ME universe as a Human Alliance Mech. There were human controlled mechs in ME games, and also the battle robots, so why not? I know, that in Gundam series those Zaku things are huge, so it is kind of a scale cheat happening here, but I'll just cover my head under the sign "artistic vision" in this current case, especially since I've never watched Gundam, so the dio layout won't hurt my feelings too much ;D

The overall diorama idea is to depict a small scene from the very end of Mass Effect 3 with the mission of "taking Earth back" (that eventually became the slogan of the game, at least in it's marketing in Russia) and the final fight with the reapers, occupying our planet. The Earth is completely devastated by the ancient machines, and the heroes are fighting their way through the hordes of enemys, just another usual work day of comm. Shepard and Co.

I've started with the basic layout of the dio. The base is made of fiberglass by some noname company.
I've also provided some additional detailsto the Zaku so that it would better fit the level of the figures detalisation, as well as it would probably give a sence of some smaller scale then it initially is.

Ygcov-HwEV0.jpg

Then the "magic of primer" has followed :)

nGSIpu09jms.jpg

I've given the mech some physical battle damage here and there (especially on the shoulder blastshield) using my dremell with various heads:

uQAJiz-JpE0.jpg

TUpdh1L7UWw.jpg

99yfrcnlP6E.jpg

uItTS1BwlWE.jpg

Then I've moved to painting the figures.
I've first airbrushed them fully black to provide sort of a preshading (the figures molds are extremely crysp and sharp, and I really want to make a use of that).
I've then preceeded with hand-painting the heads using Vallejo acrylics.

qEWzCICZT1A.jpg

C4h-xu9SW3o.jpg

KPZm4z6tFzM.jpg

Thats it for now.
Hope You'd enjoy, folks. More to come soon ;)

You have captured a cool idea here. Primer stage always looks so cool to me. Nice layout.

Latest posts

Back