So..How many unfinished models do you have

sunsanvil said:
Embarrassed to say nothing in the wings either WIP or in box. Need to go on a serious buying spree. :)

Grendels, which 2001 Discovery do you have?

It is the planet X kit, I got it from Quaralane, he could tell you more.

Grendels said:
sunsanvil said:
Embarrassed to say nothing in the wings either WIP or in box. Need to go on a serious buying spree. :)

Grendels, which 2001 Discovery do you have?

It is the planet X kit, I got it from Quaralane, he could tell you more.
Couldn't tell you much, other than I was going to do a Jupiter diorama for her.
never got much past looking at the kit's parts, really

OK, I'm looking at 1/72 Hasegawa F/A-18E Super Hornet that's sitting primed but unfinished and collecting dust on my roll top desk since January.
An Accurate Miniatures RAF MK-1A Mustang that has the seat glued into the cockpit and now sits idle in it's box since March.
The MPC Star Destroyer which I will entertain now after August in lieu of a group build.
And finally my own personal bane. A Constructo 1/65 scale Mayflower wooden model tall ship. I kid you not. I've had this thing sitting in my closet for over 10 years with the keel assembled and the first two passes of planking on it's ribs. I refuse to introduce it to the Waste Management Company. Yes it's covered with dust but I have a thing for the ocean and I love old tall ships. My goal then was to get good at building wooden ships so I could build the Constitution. Now I'm eating ham sandwiches and working at cranking out X-wing fighters. ;D

So many kits...

dscn2472s.jpg

... so little time.

dscn2481s.jpg

dscn2480p.jpg

I don't have any sci-fi/fantasy in the works, but I have:

2 P-51Bs in 1/48, one by Monogram, the other by ICM (a copy of Tamiya's -B);
1 P-47D bubbletop, by Monogram;
1 Zero in 1/48, by Monogram;
1 SBD in 1/48 by Monogram, building as an A-24 with the Army Air Corps, Philipines, December 1941 (those last two are for the Monogram Mafia group build at FineScaleModeler);
1 F11C-1 Goshawk in 1/48, by Lindberg;
1 F4B-4 in 1/48, by Aurora;
1 SBC-1 in 1/48, by Aurora;
1 Hawker Fury in 1/48, by LifeLike/Pyro
2 P-36A's in 1/72, by Monogram
1 USS Pennsylvania in 1/700, by Hobby Boss (it's their Arizona kit, converted to the Pennsy circa 1935)
1 USS Essex in 1/700 by Hasegawa
Tom Daniel's Red Baron hot rod in 1/24, by Monogram
and about 100 toy soldiers in 54mm by various manufacturers, in various states of completion.

Short-attention-span modeling....

Hmmm...*counting*
There are:

2 X-Wing Fighter
2 Tie Fighter
1 DV Tie-Fighter
1 AT-ST
1 Shuttle Tyririum
2 ISD
1 Millenium Falcon
3 Tie Interceptors
all MPC

2 Cylon Raider /Revell Monogram

they slumbering in my scrap box

Splashcoat you should open up a HS. You have more Sci Fi models then SyFy network has programing.

Well,
Since I started the thread, from what I've read, I need to clarify something. I meant how many models you have unfinished. And to me, that means ANY model that is not complete, so models that are still unopened would count. ;D
I keep buying them everytime I see one that I love. Which is usually sci fi for me. I used to be a machinest for 13 years so to me detail is second nature. BUT it's funny, that the rate I buy them is greater than the rate I finish them ;D

Canyon Man said:
I keep buying them everytime I see one that I love. Which is usually sci fi for me. I used to be a machinest for 13 years so to me detail is second nature. BUT it's funny, that the rate I buy them is greater than the rate I finish them ;D

That has been my problem, and now I have to say no, there is no where to put them!

Canyon Man said:
Well,
Since I started the thread, from what I've read, I need to clarify something. I meant how many models you have unfinished. And to me, that means ANY model that is not complete, so models that are still unopened would count. ;D
In that case, it's a VERY lengthy list, Canyon Man.

Actual WIPs:
Model scale MFG Notes
Klingon D-4(ENT) 1/2500 Gizmotron Needs Paint/decals
SR-71 Blackbird 1/72 Revell/Monogram For 1/144 Changewind One
Jedi Starfighter-Delta 7b-Anakin 1/48 Revell Mod as “Angel” 2
ISS Enterprise NCC-1701-E 1/2500 AMT Needs Paint/decals
ISS Enterprise NCC-1701-D 1/2500 AMT Needs Paint/decals
Eldar Wave Serpent 25mm Games Workshop needs finish/details/decals
Tau Devilfish 25mm Games Workshop needs finish/details/decals
Space Battleship Yamato 1/1000 Bandai

In stash:
Model scale MFG Notes
Adversary Set 1/2500 AMT/Ertl
Ayanami Rei(EVA) 1/7 ModelResinPlus
Batmobile 1/24 AMT/Ertl
Battlestar Galactica '1/4105 Moebius Mod as Solaria-lights-etch-guns
Batwing II 1/32? Revell
Belle of Tortuga 1/8 ? Lunatic Fringe
Colonial Viper Mk II 1/32 Moebius Husker/Starbuck
Command Pod 1/100 Bandai
Condar 1/72 Revell
Corvette Indy 1/25 Revell
Coyote Supercar 1/24 AMT/Ertl
Cylon Centurion 1/35 unknown
Eldar Fire Prism 25mm Games Workshop
Enterprise NX-01 1/1000 Polar Lights poss Excalibur
Enterprise Parts 1/1000 Polar Lights
Enterprise Three Ship B, C, E 1/2500 AMT/Ertl
Enterprise Three Ship TOS, A, D 1/2500 AMT/Ertl
Enterprise-A Parts 1/1000 from Belknap salvage
Epic Scale Eldar Epic Games Workshop
F4U-1 Corsair 1/48 Academy
Female Standing Viper Pilot 1/32 MMI
Interdictor Star Destroyer 1/10000 Odyssey Slipways
Ion Nebulizer & Vox Communicator 1/1` Pegasus
Iron Man 1/8 ? Moebius Mod as War Machine/Firehawk Variant
Jedi Starfighter-Delta 7 1/72 Fine Molds Missing Hyperdrive ring
Jedi Starfighter-Delta 7 1/72 Fine Molds
Jedi Starfighter-Delta 7-b Ahsoka's 1/48? Revell
Jedi Starfighter-ETA-2-Anakin's 1/25 Revell Missing Pilot
Klingon Bird of Prey 1/350 AMT/Ertl
Knight 2000 1/25 Aoshima
Knight 2000 SPM 1/24 Aoshima
Knight 4000 1/25 AMT/Ertl
Knight 4000 1/25 AMT/Ertl
Mach V 1/25 Polar Lights
Millenium Falcon 1/144 Fine Molds
Mustang GT500KR 1/24 Revell For KI3K
Republic Dropship 1/72 Revell
Romulan Bird of Prey 1/650 AMT/Ertl
SeaQuest DSV 1/600 Revell For ISS Talon
Sith Infiltrator ? Revell test shot
Spitfire MkXIVe 1/48 Academy
SR-71 Blackbird 1/100 Revell missing window piece
Star Trek ship parts 1/2500 AMT/Ertl mostly enterprise bits
Starfury 1/72 Monogram Has revised guns
Stinger 1/16 Monogram
T-47 Airspeeder 1/48 Fine Molds
T-47 Airspeeder 1/72? Revell test shot
Tachikoma 1/25 Wave
TIE Droid 1/72 Scale Solutions
TIE Fighter 1/72 Fine Molds chrome
TIE Interceptor 1/72 Fine Molds
USS Enterprise NCC-1701 1/1000 Polar Lights
USS Enterprise NCC-1701 1/350 Polar Lights For larger Odysseus
USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A 1/537 AMT/Ertl
USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B 1/1000 AMT/Ertl
USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E 1/2500 AMT/Ertl
USS Excelsior NCC-2000 1/1000 AMT/Ertl
USS Voyager NCC-74656 1/677 Revell For ISS Blackthorne, poss light
War of the Worlds Martian War Machine 1/48 Pegasus
X-29 1/72 Hasegawa
X-Wing 1/72 Fine Molds
X-Wing 1/72 Fine Molds
X-Wing 1/72 Fine Molds chrome
X-Wing 1/72? Revell
YF-19 1/72 Hasegawa
YF-21 1/72 Hasegawa
Zoltek 1/72 Revell Possibly missing some rubber pieces

Glorfindel said:
Splashcoat you should open up a HS. You have more Sci Fi models then SyFy network has programing.

;D I've fallen into that trap of buying two or three kits for every one I finish. I hate trying to track down a kit I want after it's out-of-production or limited release or something like that so I end up stockpiling them when they're available.

The way SyFy is going, you could outpace their programming with just one or two models.

Splashcoat said:
Glorfindel said:

;D I've fallen into that trap of buying two or three kits for every one I finish. I hate trying to track down a kit I want after it's out-of-production or limited release or something like that so I end up stockpiling them when they're available.

The way SyFy is going, you could outpace their programming with just one or two models.

No kidding, that channel is in a major rut. They keep canceling good shows for crappy ones.

Grendels said:
Splashcoat said:
Glorfindel said:

No kidding, that channel is in a major rut. They keep canceling good shows for crappy ones.

I'm hoping they start showing Babylon 5 again. That show had cool ships and a nice deep plot. Instead I get Roger Corman's Gatoroid vs. Mega Python starring Debbie Gibson and Tiffany.
Must cut my wrist along the dotted line!

Canyon Man said:
Well,

Woah, that list would be longer than a roll of toilet paper, indeed...

hmmm...
1. Snowspeeder
2. Resin 1/32 Tie Interceptor
3. Resin SS Tie Fighter 1/24
4. HUGE SS Snowspeeder Resin
5. HUGE Death Star Run Display for 1/24 Tie and X Wing
aaaaAAAAARRRRGH!

I have almost 400 kits in my collection. yes i say collection even though the majority are unbuilt. They majority are armor and planes. although i do have a healthy sci fi collection going. most of these were bought after a bad day at work. alot of bad days!!!! but i am running out of room. my closet in my hobby room is full, two hall closets are occupied some in the garage, and now i am clearing some space in the bedroom closet. my wife has stopped that invason cold. may need to try an end round on that one. gonna build them all one day thats what i keep telling myself even though i keep finding my next project in the hobby shop.

Well, with my recent aquisition of the eleven old MPC Star Wars kits, I am north of 60 unbuilt. If I do one a month (in my dreams), I'll be good for five years......If I don't buy any more (fat chance of that). Oh boy.

Latest posts

Back