SMA Skype Group?

Airmedical

Hey,

Is there a group thing for SKYPE that we could have an SMA Group thing?

I skype every once in a while with a model friend and it's always nice to discuss and see things in detail.
makes modeling even more fun next to the forums.
Just a thought.

Cheers
John

The short answer is yep. :D

It's a bit of a problem to schedule when you have members all over the world though. Evening in the USA is morning the next day in Australia and the middle of the night in England.

ShutterAce said:
The short answer is yep. :D

It's a bit of a problem to schedule when you have members all over the world though. Evening in the USA is morning the next day in Australia and the middle of the night in England.

Really?

Yah, I know there is always the case of shoot and miss with everyone all over the place. I know there are settings to see who's online just to poke your head in the door to say yo too. Play it right on Friday nights and weekends, you could tag up for a while. Just some thought though.
Sound cool in theory. ;)

I brought this up a couple months back and it generated very little interest it seemed. My skype name is my username here without a space in it. If im on send me a message.

Hiyo, i'm in a gundpla group on skype already but i'm interested in chatting w/ other hobbyists to learn new tricks anytime.

Skype is the same name as on here.

Well, at least you guys added a couple replies to the inquire.
For now, I use my Skype for hobby buddies who share similar interests.
I don't do much Skyping but do have it on in the weekend mornings just in case. That's the only time I have for it. Unless an arrangement is made to meet during the work week.

I guess the easiest would be to invite whomever from a forum to skype, if interested and leave it at that.

Thanks guys
John

Can Skype be used in conference call form, with a few people talking all at the same time? Maybe it could be combined with (or used as) some kind of chat/IM software? Years ago when I helped out CultTVman with his weekly chats, we experimented with Yahoo Voice Chat for a while - it worked OK, the only problem with it being on Yahoo was moderation; there was no way to boot unruly users out of the room.

Yes you can have a call w/ around 20ish people at a time. If you want video chat for more than 2 people you have to pay, but a regular call is free to other skype users, and has a built in chat system already.

Latest posts

Back