Slum

tiking

Working on this for a while. I have been looking at many pics of Slum areas from around the world and thought it would be 'different' to model something using this subject matter as an inspiration. I have not seen many or should I say, this subject matter, modelled before. As always, I try to be different and not follow a certain trend. So here is what I have modelled so far.

The corrugated zinc, were done using foil paper and a mechanism that makes the corrugated design. I bought from some store. I do not remember but you can get a similar one from Panduro. I am cheap, so I will use anything possible. But I found another material. Use aluminum platter that bakers use to put cakes or food on. I found some cheaper ones at a cheap store for very little money. I cut out everything around it and use the bottom which was perfect. Thanks for looking.

BTW, if you type in Slum in Google's search window, you will see many different types from around the world. It is a shame, all governments do not put in the efforts to change this. With all the money they put into their military and such.

Apologies for the bad photos. My camera got smashed a couple of times and the plastic has lots of scratches which leaves a shadowy cloud at the bottom of the camera. So it is hard to adjust.

slum2_zpsbacec3b2.jpg

slum3_zps5c180d77.jpg

slum4_zps9188a118.jpg

slum5_zps7a06383c.jpg

slum6_zps0f492755.jpg

slum7_zpsdc9bc71c.jpg

slum8_zps147ac98e.jpg

slum9_zpsbc75d447.jpg

slum_zpse6faa750.jpg

That looks really good tiking! I like all the small details throughout the scene, very well done and thought out. You really captured the mood and atmosphere well. Bravo buddy, Bravo!

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. On a side note, I used spaghetti noodles glued on a sheet of cardboard in rows, (2 sets), placed the foil in betwixt and smash down. Presto, corrugated tin in a jiffy. Actually came out in scale and cost basically nothing to make the jig.

Yes this is nicely done and different. I like unusual. Doesn't make sense to spend so much money on war when so many are without eh? Do you know how many people die from a terrorist attack? A very wee fraction of how many people die from malnutrition, depression, drugs, disease and other effects of poor living standards.

Latest posts

Back