six day war - Golan heights

Kurnas

Reaction score
Hello everyone
i'm new to this forum and wanted to share pics from my first ever diorama that I've completed approximately 2.5 years ago.
This diorama was built in memory of Nati Golan, who fought in the six day war as a Sherman tank commander and was honored with a medal of valor for his bravery.

this was the picture who gave me the inspiration for this diorama:

I've started the diorama by drawing a sketch of what i had in mind:

Kurnas

Reaction score
Building the terrain

In order to experience the terrain i went on a hike to the golan heights and took several pictures of the sort of landscape i was planning for the diorama:

I than started building the terrain using a wooden base, a cut out cereal box, a newspaper and strips of plaster coated fabric:

To build the Syrian ruins i used a kapa sheet covered with pieces of cork to simulate the basalt stones typical to the golan heights, i filled the gaps with modelling putty:

To create the tracks on the road i used a thin layer of das and pressed the half truck along the road before it dried:

Kurnas

Reaction score
Painting the terrain

To paint the terrain i used Vallejo Dark earth texture paint mixed with sand and added rocks.

Vegetation:
bushes:pieces of different green shade foam.
trees: small branches covered with same foam as the bushes.
reeds: grain fields and reeds made by BUSCH. i had to used a quick drying super glue in order to keep them standing up.

for the wire i used this guide:http://content.degem.net/viewart.php?artid=26

Kurnas

Reaction score
Painting and detailing the vehicles

Kurnas

Reaction score
The finished diorama

In memory of Brigadier General Nati Golan

I hope you've enjoyed it.
i'll be happy to read your comments and suggestions to help with my future models

Elad

Quaralane

Reaction score
Excellent work here.
Thanks for sharing how you made it work

Latest posts