Sisters of Eternal Mercy-Sisters of Battle "Order of the Blessed Flame"

Quaralane

This time on the bench, we have some of Raging Heroes' "Sisters of Eternal Mercy" that I picked up off Ebay.
The plan here is to use them to test out the color scheme I plan on using when I get the new Sisters of Battle from Games Workshop
a023DPN.jpg

VgROL1X.jpg

XX6I42y.jpg

tuPQJgS.jpg

Assembly of the figures was mostly straightforward, although there were a couple where I had to fiddle with a connection point for a backpack or shield.
nSEFxnC.jpg

7Gnrpro.jpg

FT4BCCz.jpg

TBGK64r.jpg

UpyitvW.jpg

aijCkTj.jpg

R8RLNAT.jpg

63RfGJy.jpg

zG0Sldo.jpg

With the figures assembled, I airbrushed a primer coat of Vallejo's dark grey primer.
I figure this will also give me a good base for shadows without having to resort to a black wash.
Amz09zX.jpg

VEl4hKF.jpg

CTEFrNV.jpg

VjdyJWH.jpg

With the primer coat dry, I airbrushed a base coat of Vallejo brass to give me the gold base color I was wanting.
ToKd85N.jpg

w54pjJs.jpg

VRBXjfF.jpg

MChRaLM.jpg

Drybrushed the figures in Vallejo gold after the base coat had dried.
I also drybrushed the feathered wings on the one figure in white to help them stand out
S6eOzRT.jpg

aDg9QzB.jpg

QYXsRvK.jpg

I went in and painted the main parts of the armor with Tamiya transparent red using a technique akin to how the colors of the Iron Man Mk3 were done
Weapons and other metallic details were picked out with Citadel's "Leadbelcher"
I used three different flesh colors for the various figures.
The eyes were picked out using white and green (as well as my newly acquired opti-visor) on the figures whose eyes weren't obscured by their hoods
Hair was painted in with whites, blondes, and at least one redhead

Finished build pics
"Knights of the Chalice" or, as I like to call them, "Sisters of Battle Terminators"
7zUsgpH.jpg

ddZ7fQa.jpg

sPvW1jx.jpg

eTq67lJ.jpg

EL7XE0G.jpg

Tyrf6ok.jpg

Your application of transparent red over the metallic is very effective.

Latest posts

Back