Sisters of Eternal Mercy-Sisters of Battle "Order of the Blessed Flame"

Quaralane

Reaction score
This time on the bench, we have some of Raging Heroes' "Sisters of Eternal Mercy" that I picked up off Ebay.
The plan here is to use them to test out the color scheme I plan on using when I get the new Sisters of Battle from Games Workshop

Quaralane

Reaction score
Assembly of the figures was mostly straightforward, although there were a couple where I had to fiddle with a connection point for a backpack or shield.

Quaralane

Reaction score
With the figures assembled, I airbrushed a primer coat of Vallejo's dark grey primer.
I figure this will also give me a good base for shadows without having to resort to a black wash.

With the primer coat dry, I airbrushed a base coat of Vallejo brass to give me the gold base color I was wanting.

Quaralane

Reaction score
Drybrushed the figures in Vallejo gold after the base coat had dried.
I also drybrushed the feathered wings on the one figure in white to help them stand out

I went in and painted the main parts of the armor with Tamiya transparent red using a technique akin to how the colors of the Iron Man Mk3 were done
Weapons and other metallic details were picked out with Citadel's "Leadbelcher"
I used three different flesh colors for the various figures.
The eyes were picked out using white and green (as well as my newly acquired opti-visor) on the figures whose eyes weren't obscured by their hoods
Hair was painted in with whites, blondes, and at least one redhead

Finished build pics
"Knights of the Chalice" or, as I like to call them, "Sisters of Battle Terminators"

Ohm

dumpsters, divers and details
Reaction score
Your application of transparent red over the metallic is very effective.

Quaralane

Reaction score
Thank you.
It's a trick I learned from Iron Man back in 2008

Latest posts