Show us your mancave(s)!

Finally about 95% of the way there for my new man cave, just need to get my booth moved in, and get a chair, and I will be pretty much good to go. I will let the pictures do the talking....

close up of the little black cabinet in the above shot, my main tool cabinet

machine area, and stash shelves

Great setup.

Off topic question: How accurate have you found the Dremel Rotary Tool Work Station? I was thinking about getting one.

Don't expect perfectly zeroed holes, as it has play in it horizontally. It is a far site better than the older version of the dremel press though. But if you don't mind a bit of trade off in 100% accuracy it is worth the money (to me at least) and the foot print is small. And if you are careful with your setup, and clamp things firmly, it is good.

Quarlane, thanks :)

Hey Sub, I like those red cabinets and your main tool chest. Any chance you got these from a readily available store/commercial site?

Love the cave, i am envious as mine is still just 1/3 of my bedrood as my 3 kids are taking up the only other rooms available for a good mancave.. Maybe i should invest in a bunkbed and have then condense down into two room! LOL

Thanks Talen ;) Hook the black cabinet is a built by me deal. But the red ones are from Ikea, Helmer Drawer units.

I really like the Work Station. Having their top of the line corded rotary tool helps I find. I notice the battery powered tool gets wobbly shortly after the battery is no longer fully charged. I use it more as a hands free sanding/polishing station.

If you have room for a proper full size drill press you may be better off with that. A good one will run you $150…

Ian said:
Great setup.

Off topic question: How accurate have you found the Dremel Rotary Tool Work Station? I was thinking about getting one.

I have the battery pistol-grip style dremel and use it a little.

A workstation and second, corded dremel would run me about $110 from Amazon here in the US, but maybe a bench mount drill press is a better option.

Ok so I've made some changes to my work place here is a link to how it looked and how it looks now
http://bishop-miniatures.blogspot.com/2015/01/warsztat-workplace.html

well first setup of the man corner along with disorganized stash and references

2E616B29-033C-4D1F-8A80-1F7CF6D6CF6D_zpsicbtsmp8.jpg

610F631E-44CB-4F09-892A-4A98266E624B_zps8epewora.jpg

I just browsed this entire thread!, some pretty awesome setups! I wish one day to have an actual large area
but in the meantime I work out of my storage closet in my apt. good thing I'm skinny lol ;D

2v82w03.jpg

dxmtk5.jpg

Hi guys so here is a short video i cut together (8 min) about why i have been a bit absent this winter, biggest reason fixing up my man cave.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/pWj3XyMyEts[/youtube]

So it was Time to upgrade this.
_MG_7469.jpg

I ordered from Hobyzone and about 30 boxes arrived
_MG_7472.jpg

and after a lot of work because all of it was flat pack......
_MG_7473.jpg
_MG_7475.jpg
_MG_7474.jpg

I moved the lights also and that was not an easy feat, i almost snapped one in half in frustration

everything is nice and neat and i have a shed load of storage yet to fill :)

This was an expensive investment over €400 but i had it slated to do it this year so i dont mind.
Now all i have to do is remember where i put stuff :)

Mr. Spud, a perfect layout, well planned, true to knock out more killer work, wow Bro. Love it! Bet that feels good Bro, congrats!

Cheers, Ski.

Latest posts

Back