Show us your mancave(s)!

Nice set up there Sol! Hope all's good in the new pad ;) And I can spy the little land speeder dio in that first pic ;D

Nice show center Solander. You should mount the TV somewhere else and move your spray booth to where the tv is now ha ha ha ha. Venting might be a bit tough but is possible LOL. Not sure the better half would appreciate the tv being moved but hey its worth a shot eah HA HA ;D

I really dig the Landspeeder at the Moisture Farm dio....was that a kit or a scratchbuild?

Cheers, folks! :)
Thanks for the great comments ;)

hooterville75 said:
Nice show center Solander. You should mount the TV somewhere else and move your spray booth to where the tv is now ha ha ha ha. Venting might be a bit tough but is possible LOL. Not sure the better half would appreciate the tv being moved but hey its worth a shot eah HA HA ;D

Lol, man, that would be my sweetest dream, but my wife would never go on that, lol ;D ;D

TBadger said:
I really dig the Landspeeder at the Moisture Farm dio....was that a kit or a scratchbuild?

It is a kit by Revell, TBadger. Still under construction. Here is the link on my building thread:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,6762.0.html

;)

I couldn't talk the wife into taking over one of the spare bedrooms. But I was able to steal the corner of the den.
smyemu.jpg

I have a thing about having plenty of light. ;D
2ykkewn.jpg

dkev said:
I couldn't talk the wife into taking over one of the spare bedrooms. But I was able to steal the corner of the den.
smyemu.jpg

I have a thing about having plenty of light. ;D
2ykkewn.jpg

Thats a nice looking area, did you make the spray booth or is it from a store, if so who makes it?

I'm the same as you, you can never have enough lights.

Gag

Thanks! Yes, I built the paint booth. ;D I painted it black because that's what cans I had an abundance of . But I have to repaint the inside of it. Dunno what I was thinking. It absorbs too much light. It does have a filter, I just haven't put it back on. I like my Enterprise models too. But I won't build any model that big again. Just hogs too much space and I payed way too much for the NX-01.

As a late 20 something bachelor modeler that lives with three other 20 something dudes, thought I should share my cave/bedroom with ya'll. I was looking through my old posts on SMA and ran across my bench from 2 years, 10 months, and 3 houses ago, Feb 2010, and felt it was time to update. In my old post I didn't even have a stash to show off. I still use the same bench and tool box that my Dad built for me but a lot has been added to the bench and stash since then. It really is an addiction.

And yes the closet in my teeny tiny bedroom became the workshop
003-67.jpg

The area directly above the bench. Yes, that pile of clothes you see on the left is my wardrobe sharing a shelf with my airbrushes, apoxies, bit boxes, gloves, millennium falcon...The shoe boxes are filled with my terrain/diorama materials.
004-60.jpg

Here is the book shelf my dad built which holds all of my favorite things, model kits, comics, and records!
005-55.jpg

A broader view. The only thing missing is me slouched over that desk applying pressure to puncture wounds ;D
006-50.jpg

Here is my state of the art display case, you can find one on the side of the road, in August, in any college town ;) or the dump...
007-43.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoyed this, it was interesting for me to look back on my old bench and see how much it has changed over the years.

Here is my state of the art display case, you can find one on the side of the road, in August, in any college town or the dump...

I live in a college town and you got that right, you can find some very interesting stuff in the trash. I once found what looked like a brand new leather couch.

You guys have some amazing setups. Ill post some pics of mine over new year but I am contemplating a small change which results in a quick question for those with spray booths venting out windows.

Im using one of the no name "portable hobby spray booths" that are being sold by everyone these days.

How straight do you have your hose :p but seriously, I think the bend in mine is restricting the flow as larger spray jobs like clearcoats can be seen drifting back out of the booth, its either that or wind blowing back into the pipe.
Im thinking of moving the booth and having a longer straighter run on the vent hose.

Actually, I don't vent. If I need to use a rattle can, I have a work bench in my garage that I use. If I start playing with Alclad II, then I will have to start venting. But for acrylics, it's no biggie. The only time I even use my booth is if I'm doing heavy spraying like a fuselage or something like that. At 15 PSI , there isn't much over spray. But in your case, you may a more powerful fan. I use a 239 cfm fan. Nothing escapes my booth. ;D

A lot of people go that rout. Just get a decent one. No need to blow yourself up. ;)

Apropos to nothing, that is an AWESOME "Big Lebowski" picture in the sig line. It seems like it should be blown up on canvas, framed, and over my mantle.

I have been enjoying seeing everyone else’s man caves and I finally got around to getting some pictures of mine.

First is my work desk, I got it from a neighbor about 20 yrs ago and it weighs a ton. The left side of the desk has a pull-out-and-up typewriter table inside. I use it for storage though. My room also doubles as a spare bedroom when we need it.

Room-2012-12-3101r_zpsfb6e5371.jpg

Room-2012-12-3102r_zps4754409a.jpg

Room-2012-12-3105r_zpsd5ccf250.jpg

This is my spray booth (homemade). It is 18” X 30” on the inside. I made the cover for it out of foam-core board and it has magnets to keep it in place. I am using a 2 gallon tank from an old compressor as a storage tank so my compressor doesn’t run constantly. There are separate switches for the lights, compressor and blower so I can use any combination of the above. Also, everything plugs into outlets underneath so I can unplug and move them easily if needed. The booth is vented out the window so I don’t have to worry about fumes.

Room-2012-12-3104r_zps0cbc57d0.jpg

Room-2012-12-3106r_zpsa7d0f68c.jpg

Room-2012-12-3107r_zpsa9493fc6.jpg

Room-2012-12-31-booth_collage_zps7dca2d73.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of my display case where I store my completed models. I made the case and am starting to build a 2nd one as this one is getting full. This one is approx 6’ X 4’ X 2’ and the new one will be a little bigger.
Case-2012-12-3101r_zps85f36f24.jpg

Case-2012-12-3102r_zpseaba01c1.jpg

:eek: That is awesome. I love how set up your paint boot. I actually have a desk light that for my main PC desk except I have a wood top. And heavy is an understatement.

Latest posts

Back