SHO'T KAL

Yip ,Just good clean stick stuff together kinda fun ;D

Hi folks :)

Sorry for the break in transmission ! Hopefully normal service has resumed ;D

Ok then !! moving on , I finished up most of the work on the back panel , Adding boxes ,hitches, towing eyes and the spare track links . The links suffered badly from EPM's which were taken care of with a swipe of filler and a quick sand ( please excuse the dust ::) )

shotkal19.jpg

With that done I went ahead and fitted the upper hull sections .The upper hull comes as four seperate parts , The front panel ( with fenders ) goes in place first followed by the drivers hatch panel . The fitment of the drivers hatch panel is a bit vague to say the least ,there are no mounting points for it and simply tucks under the front panel and against the turret ring section . So its best to fit this panel at the same time as the turret ring so you can jiggle things into place .Im probably going to need a little filler along the joint tho ! .

shotkal13.jpg

The rear deck is then fixed in place ,and poses no problems ....

shotkal14.jpg

The hull was then left aside to dry :)

shotkal15.jpg

I turned my attention to the turret ,which to be honest goes together really easy ,The only issue being the join line where the top is glued in place . However ,there are a lot of bins and other parts to add to the turret which pretty much cover most of the join with only really the rear bustle needing a bit of work ( not yet done )

shotkal16.jpg

shotkal17.jpg

Off course I couldnt resist offering the turret up to the hull for a test fit ;D ;D

shotkal18.jpg

And thats where Im at now !

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Now,What to do for the comp ?? ::)

Thanks chum ;D

Little bit more done !! ..Just a little tho .

Next step was to make up the fenders and fit them ,this includes Bins, tools ..etc .

shotkal20.jpg

A bit of filling was required around the joins on the bins ,which was done quite easily with Perfect Plastic Putty ...love that stuff :) I also filled the joint on the upper hull in front of the turret ring

shotkal22.jpg

Still more parts to add to the fenders ,but this is where Im at :)

shotkal21.jpg

shotkal23.jpg

shotkal24.jpg

More soon ,Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks John :) Enjoying this! Lots of bits :eek:. Lol

Thanks guys :)

Work continued on the fenders ..and rear deck .

Jerry can fitted , Barrel clamp and some latches etc ...

shotkal27.jpg

Then on to the front again , fitting extra armor and the Battering Ram . Sorry about the dust ! I really should blow it off before taking pics ::)

shotkal28.jpg

shotkal26.jpg

shotkal25.jpg

Drivers hatch and more work on the rear deck next .

Thanks for looking :)

Chris.

Thanks John :)

I got a lot of the hull work finished up :) The front is pretty much complete . The drivers hatch was a bit of a chore as both halves were covered in EPM's on the outside ! But got them sorted ...Hopefully .

shotkal29.jpg

shotkal30.jpg

I then made up the tow ropes , The ropes supplied in the kit looked a bit feeble and being string were too floppy to represent steel cables . So I used fine copper wire ,10 strands to each rope and twisted the strands together using a pin vice .I used the cable ends from the kit and drilled them out to accept the new cables .

shotkal32.jpg

shotkal31.jpg

They still need attached to the back plate ,this will be done once the glue has dried on the fender mount .

shotkal33.jpg

Moving on to the turret , Man ,this needs a bit of work ! There is a join seam around the turret were the top is glued in place ,this needs sanded ,filled and sanded again , followed by redoing the cast effect (still to be completed )

shotkal35.jpg

shotkal36.jpg

There is a lot of detail on the top of the turret in front of the commanders cuppola that has to be removed for this variant ,again a bit of a chore ,but no biggy .While I was at that I also removed all the molded on cables ( four off ) these will be replaced with copper wire at a later stage .

And thats if for now ,Hope to finish the build this week ...then Paint :)

shotkal37.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks Scott , trying to get this one hammered out now !

Chris.

I'm sure it will progress nice and quick now that you're about to slip into primer.

Thank you chaps :)

Lots and lots and lots ...did I mention lots ! of work in the turret !!

Probably the most involved turret I've done yet ,quite a bit of building in it ,but worth the effort .

shotkal38.jpg

shotkal39.jpg

shotkal40.jpg

shotkal41.jpg

With that the turret is ready for primer ,still a lot of guns to add ,but these will go on after paint .
The last few parts were added to the hull too .

shotkal42.jpg

shotkal43.jpg

Primer !!

Everything was cleaned down and shot with Tamiya grey primer , It looks much beeter than that green plastic !

shotkal44.jpg

shotkal45.jpg

shotkal48.jpg

shotkal47.jpg

Just sorting all the wheels ,sprockets ,idlers ...etc for priming too ,then on to some paint :)

shotkal46.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back