SHO'T KAL

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Soooooo ......

I've been getting a real urge to pull out a nice piece of armour and build it straight from the box ,no added extras ,just a plain simple ( ish ) OOTB build ;D

The one kit that has been jumping out at me recently is the latest SHO'T KAL offering from AFV Club ,which this time comes with a Battering ram ! Isnt a tank a pretty good battering ram to start with ?? ::)

What really sells this kit to me is the rear three quarter view on the side of the box ....Beast !!! ;D

Shotkal2.jpg

A quick look at the instructions and it offers four different finishing options ....All IDF Green ;D

Shotkal3.jpg

Anyhoo , I'll be making a start on this over the next few days all bieng well ,but this aint going to be a quick build if the instructions are anything to go by ! lol ....Should be fun ! What am I doing ?? ::)

Chris.

That rear 3/4 is really cool. Gonna be interesting to watch this come together.

Gonna be interesting to put together ;D

Seriously looking forward to to getting stuck into this one .

Chris.

Hi John ,I was thinking about that ,but I might throw something else for the comp ;)

Alrighty ,of to a start . Well ,more of a slow crawl really ;D

Starting with the suspension units ,which are workable , not much to them really . The first two here are the mid units ( centre on either side ) another four units are to be made up ,but they have a few more parts to them ,damper rods ...etc

shotkal4.jpg

shotkal5.jpg

shotkal6.jpg

Not much to look at now ,but I'll get the other four slapped together then we can get on to the hull :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking great Chris,....where have you been?

You'd think running your own Hobby shop would take up most of your time ;D

Good to see you back (here)

J

Thanks guys :)

Its nice to be back John ;)

I got all the suspension bogies made up . They went together a lot quicker than I expected ,which was a pleasant surprise !! Very little glue involved ,but you need to be careful as its very easy to get the radius arms and linkages back to front and that will completly ruin your day ::)

Note the difference in the centre bogie !

shotkal7.jpg

With those all done ,Time to look at the hull ,I dont need the wheels at this stage so I'll sort them later .
The lower hull is a one piece tub with only the back panel to put in place ,followed by some details and the running gear .

shotkal10.jpg

Nice to see the weld seams already in place :)

shotkal9.jpg

shotkal8.jpg

I'll crack on with that tomorrow :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looks good Chris.

One question; where do the wings attach to that rather un-aerodynamic fuselage? ;D

Thanks Jason .

Sometimes I feel the need to fold the wings and come back down to earth :) ...just for a change .

Chris.

Thanks Scott , yeah its a really nice kit 😊

Hey John ;D. Its good to be doing a blog again,I will see this through!! Oh yes ...I will !!

Oh no ,The blog police have arrived !!! ;D Hiya Chris ,nice to see you here mate ,although I dont know why you need to follow this ,you see my mess of a bench every week !! lol

Anyhoo ...Moving swiflty on ::)

Well ,not too swiftly ;D I've added the rear panels to the lower hull ,also all the suspension bogies ,the drive housings and the out riggers for the side skirts .

Nice cast detail on the housings ...

shotkal11.jpg

shotkal12.jpg

Should get most of the lower hull finished off tomorrow ...Time permitting .

Thanks for looking,

Chris.

Thanks John , not as much work there as you may think mate ,and it does go together sooo easy ,which of course makes for an easy life ;D

Latest posts

Back