Second Hand AMT Star Wars STAP with Battle Droid

No update on work on this at the moment. I seem to have the COVid-19 just cannot be bothered doing anything but woodwork blues right now.

So bad - I just spent quite a bit of money on more tools!

you " seem " to have the covid ?
I assume you mean you got the stuff ??
That sucks , dude .
Hope you shake it with no long term damage !

Hope you shake it with no long term damage !
Not got COVID-19. Just tired. I've worked right through the entire 6 month Melbourne Lockdown. Just had two weeks off. But could not get the gumption to do any model work. Built the wife a bookcase out of bits and pieces I had lying around the garage. The Franken-Bookcase. Works a treat.

I'm OK, just mentally and emotionally exhausted. So far (I drive trams around Melbourne) all of my workmates have not gotten infected. Hoping to keep it that way. It's just tiring doing all of the cleaning on top of the job.

Sorry if I did not make that clear enough.

Ah - OK .
Yes I knew you work with public transport , but I think the infection rates are lower down there , yes ?
Hope you get some time off soon .
I've been busy with work also and haven't done any scale work lately either .

Ah - OK .
Yes, I knew you work with public transport, but I think the infection rates are lower down there, yes?
Hope you get some time off soon.
I've been busy with work also and haven't done any scale work lately either.
I just finished two weeks off, and just needed time to wind down, work some wood scraps into a Franken-bookshelf for my wife and just enjoy some time with the family.

Infection rates are way lower than for the US and other places around the globe. However, Victoria (where we live) went into a major lockdown due to COVID numbers rising dramatically at one point earlier this year. Here are the grim statistics:

Victoria
Total cases
Recovered
Deaths
Australia
Total cases
Recovered
Deaths

Sadly many of the cases in Victoria were among the elderly (from our very poorly funded) Private or Commonwealth Aged Care homes. Victorian state-run homes had minimal numbers of ill and no deaths. Still, to have the bulk of our deaths from one state, in one outbreak is heart-rending. Having said that, my wife is a Texan. Texas' population is roughly equal to Australia's population. Because we jumped on this thing quickly our numbers don't look anything like the Texas numbers of 1 million cases and 19,298 dead. I'm not sure how we as a country could have recovered from numbers like that.

We've been worried for friends and family all over the US during this time. Some people have caught the virus and so far they're doing OK. But you just never know. And the winter is going to be worse than in the summer. Enough doom and gloom. I'm off to bed. All the best and talk more about modelling soon.

I'm planning on chipping and weathering the Battle Droid and STAP into a well-used state. Looking forward to that.

Latest posts

Back