sd.kfz.171 Panther G

model maker jnr

ANOTHER TANK BITES THE DUST
Hi guys i,m new new to the forum and just wanted to ask about your ideas on something. i have just completed painting an panther G and was wondering if any one had any weathering tips. sorry would post some pics but they have to bigger file size.

Thanks Hammer paints. I will try a couple of those weathering techniques. Also nice tank.
I will try and get some pictures of my tank but no promises

here are some vids to help.

Wash and streaking by Mig.
WASH DEMO BY MIG JIMENEZ

some more weathering by scalemodel medic, i learnt a lot from his vids at the time so a really good guy to learn from,

weathering road wheels
Weathering Roadwheels (now with sound)

Weathering olive drab - part 1: simple wash
Weathering olive drab - part 1: simple wash

Weathering olive drab - part 2: oils in layers
Weathering olive drab - part 2: oils in layers

Simple Dust and Dried Mud effects - weathering for Tanks, AFV's and Softskins
Simple Dust and Dried Mud effects - weathering for Tanks, AFV's and Softskins

More simple weathering techniques
More simple weathering techniques

Mixed Mud Textures
Mixed Mud Textures

there is plenty more in his channel to check out,
http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCNFwUnVfLwM8THyohoQXBAQ/u

hope this helps

Thanks spud those vids are great. I will have to try some of the the ideas in these vids as well.
Thanks guys this is really helping. Me to expand my knowledge of weathering as well. as my weathering equipment

Hi.guys just wondering if.anyone.could explan Mig to.me so i can understand.it and what colours.are.best for.armor.builds

do you mean the pigments? if so

light dust
European earth
dark mud

this are some good choices, AK-interactive also do them in larger pots and are much finer

Yes thanks for that i did mean the pigments sorry about that. What other weathering equipment would you guys reccommend i try get my hands on? Thanks again spud ;D

Im in new zealand so that could. Make getting hold some AK a bit harder. I will check the LHS or try get some from overseas. How long on average does a jar of AK last.
Is there any armor models you reckon i should try and get my hands on. :eek:

I hopefully will be able to get some pics up tonight. I will proberly have to order to order some AK from overseas if the other model shop i go does not have any. Thanks spud for those website links they are very usefull :p

Wow.. That is nothing to be ashamed of. The weathering looks pretty good so far. I'm actually looking forward to more pictures of this panther.

Will get some more pics but of the top side but it may take awhile due to my school.exams over the next 2. Weeks.

Latest posts

Back