sd.kfz.171 Panther G

model maker jnr

ANOTHER TANK BITES THE DUST
Hi guys i,m new new to the forum and just wanted to ask about your ideas on something.
i have just completed painting an panther G and was wondering if any one had any weathering tips.
sorry would post some pics but they have to bigger file size.

How extreme are you aiming for? Some folks are happy with a simple wash and dusting of pigments, others dive right in and go for really complex painting with scratches and chipped paint with bent fenders. I built a Panther G a while back too, my favourite tank! Just a cool looking tank. I went for a fairly new look with some pinwashing and dry brushing, and I tried to make the bottom side look like it had been ripping through a farmers field or something similar.
000_0007.jpg
000_0004.jpg
000_0005.jpg

And here is a KV-IB that I just wanted to look dusty. I did an oil wash and then used pigment powders for dust.
P1060082_zps3a2a5d55.jpg
P1060080_zpsddf1963d.jpg
Is there any particular method or look you need help with?

Nice tanks. The method im looking at is making it look like its " been riping through a farmers field. You know the mud look. I hope you understand what i mean. Again thanks for the pics

That looks great! The bottom side looks really good, what did you end up using on it?

sand,thinner and some brown paint mixed together .it was applied by stabbing it onto the running gear . i also flicked some on using an old toothbrush. ;D

My airbrush skill are improving they aren't very good on this model.
Using a brush now for lots is a good thing because even when u get an airbrush u still need a brush sometimes and when u do get aairbrush u Will be good with a brush as well ;D

Latest posts

Back