Screenshots of the Falcon in Episode 5

Joseph Osborn

I have some screenshots of the Falcon in Episode 5 that I've uploaded to my website. I thought they might be of some use to the group builders. Here are the indexes of the images:

www.fireballmodels.info/downloads/mf/mf-contactsheet_001.jpg
www.fireballmodels.info/downloads/mf/mf-contactsheet_002.jpg

The images are numbered 000 through 035
To get one, cut and paste this URL into your browser address and replace the xxx with the number of the desired image:

www.fireballmodels.info/downloads/mf/Millennium Falcon Eps5 xxx.png

If you want image 023, then use this:
www.fireballmodels.info/downloads/mf/Millennium Falcon Eps5 023.png

And the zip file of all the images: www.fireballmodels.info/downloads/mf/mf.zip

Hope you can make some use of them with your builds :)

okay...after going through them, you've just confirmed it. There ARE other lights on that thing used for highlighting around the sides. I even saw a red light in one of the mandible wells.

I know all this has been covered in the past but I figured that having some of these images here would help with the builds. I don't like searching all over the different forums looking for pictures and such.

One thing that really jumps out at me about the full-size set piece used in ESB is that the sidewalls are much shorter than those on the effects model. Like 2/3 the height. I did some measurements off one of the screenshots and compared it against my MPC kit, and the MPC sidewalls would have to be about HALF their current height to replicate the look of the set piece-- notice how tall Han is in pic 015 compared to the mandible sidewall and then compare the kit's Han "figure" to the sidewall. Big difference.

Another thing I noticed can be clearly seen in pic 010: there ain't nothing even close to a Porsche transmission half on the sidewall of the set piece! Also note the dinky little stick that holds up the laser cannon in that shot. Needless to say, don't let anybody tell you that something on your Millennium Falcon model isn't "accurate" because Falcon accuracy is strictly subjective.

Latest posts

Back