Scratchy's Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon

LOL - that is so awesome Scratchy.

You know those times when you laugh cuz you're so impressed...

ome to think of it...my wife doesn't laugh much anymore.??!

schweinhund227 said:
:eek: you used a Heat Gun to do this...

Yeah, I think everyone should have a heat gun in their tool box.... it certainly comes in handy.... that, and a shop vac. You'ld be amazed of the type of "Sensor Dish" that one can form with the bottom of a pop can and these two tools! (you'll need to drill some small holes in the pop can bottom)

merseajohn said:
This is just awsome work my friend!

Quaralane said:
You never cease to impress me, Scratchy

Scott Girvan said:
LOL - that is so awesome Scratchy.

Thanks Schweinhund, Merseajohn, Quaralane and Scott

Next time ! try scratching an ALUMINIUM FALCON !!! LOL
bastidor24x.jpg

This guys is OUT THERE !!!

Good ! but ! Wow !

What the heck is an Aluminum Falcon?!
Oh man, he's crying... hee hee...

In all seriousness, that'd be a build that would call for a lot of band-aids on hand.

I finished roughing in the cockpit, got the window frames cut in and the front frame glued on. I still have to tweak it a bit.... adding some additional plastic reinforcement, some thinning of the frames and filing and sanding, then detail it. All in all, I'm satisfied with it, but it still has a long way to go.

falconcockpitrough.jpg

This will more than likely be a delicate addition, I'll build this to have silicone poured over it and cast a resin copy, just for the strength.

Another quick update..... I'm totally stoked about this build man...

I thinned out the frames, and I'll add the remaining details tomorrow.
falconcockpitframe.jpg

I hope you like it.

Thanks for the kind words and compliments fellas. Here's the last pic of the frame. It's finished now, although I'll need to do a little more prep work before I pour some rubber over this piece. I want to get all my mastered pieces finished prior to pouring before I do any work on the kit.

There's a lot of time left and it's a small kit.

cockpitframefinished.jpg

On to the next addition!

Latest posts

Back