Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike by Bandai

Yep,....primed with matt black primer Hycote car stuff......It is great paint,....never clogs,...never splatters,....& being cellulose paint,...poly cement dissolves it,....I've never had any problems attaching parts to a primed piece.

So when I primed the bikes chassis & it dried,...I used one of those sponge scouring pads to rub the parts,....this brings the black up to a semi-gloss buffed/worn effect,.....I did the same with the Biker,....the white was primed with white Hycote primer,.....then buffed up to a worn shine,....staying matt in the recesses

.....I love the effect,.....did the same on my Sandtrooper, R2 & R5

John

That is fantastic. You should grab a few photos of just the bike against a white background....really show off all the great weathering you did.

Unreality said:
That is fantastic. You should grab a few photos of just the bike against a white background....really show off all the great weathering you did.

Thank Unreality,...

I've redone the painting on the saddlebag,....& I've filled out his elbows also

IMG_3809.jpg
IMG_3810.jpg
IMG_3811.jpg
IMG_3812.jpg
IMG_3813.jpg
IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3817.jpg
IMG_3815.jpg
IMG_3818.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Really awesome job on this. That saddle bag touch-up is very nice. I hadn't noticed before but the elbows are much improved. Taking a closer look I see other details I missed the first time around. I just noticed the decals on the hub where the control struts connect to the body. Nice touch.

Latest posts

Back