Scott's Speeder Bike

Please tell me you ARE kidding about using the original MPC figure anyway?!?!?! After the awsome sculpt that made my jaw drop. I don't understand it. I'm in a rut with my MPC X-wing refit at the moment. I'm an ace with sculpting - so much easier than cutting styrene, and shaping it forever. I'd rather work with it any day! I'd make an armature, but I'd have to use fabric for the clothing (body suit) under it. I'd strap the armour on with velcro. That's just my take on it. I can sew too, so that would make it easier for me. If you're going to go all out on this you might as well make everything over the top - not just the bike!

~ Chris​

Thanks guys. Started my 'last push' last night to get this complete.

Hands are done. Not perfect, but complete.

4059.jpg

4060.jpg

I'll print some templates for the armor today, get those done tonight and hopefully shoot primer tomorrow.

Yip ....Looking good from here too ;D Nice work Scott .

Chris.

The figure looks great ! Love the pose! I still think he should SIT down, not prance on his Stirups! But that's me!

As for the armor pads I vaguely remember sending you a scan? Am I remembering wrong?

Keep pushing! In the End.....it will be your own Version! And I'll be fine with it! Whatch the Right glove! The knuckle ribbing came off! Needs redoing! AVES nightmares!

Don't forget to add small straps where the pad will attach! Use thin strips of Tamiya Tape! Secured with C.A. Then Add the Pads....

DSC07413_resize.jpg

Take your time cutting the Slit where a small strap will go through!

Keep up the good work! Buddy!

Whoot! What an excellent, excellent build. Like I said in Mike's thread, I truly appreciate when modelers really go that extra mile. Your build is truly 1000 miles long, and 1000 miles deep! The depth and creation is astounding.

Now, Scott, you'll have to finish this one. After all it's "one for the credits, two for the snowtroopers, three to get to Aralia, and four to go, go, go!" [Ew, poor use of that quote, poor use - I believe I'll retire now! :p]

Thanks a million for that.

Got the scout ready for paint. I'm at the point where I simply want to get this finished.

4069.jpg

4070.jpg

nice job on the trooper. at the angle you took the first pic of the trooper, it looks like he is holding on for dear life and reaching for the imperial issue T.P. and thats the good stuff 1million imperial credits per roll.

Thanks guys. Alllllmost done. Base coat, decals are on the Scout.

Weathering, a small base and that's it.

4071.jpg

Wow, it's like Déjà vu all over again.

lol

Looks really awesome though dude, really really awesome. I like how he's kinda standing up a bit, like a rider might on a horse. It gives a real sense of movement to an otherwise static scene.

How was the ice cream?

Latest posts

Back