Scale 75 Medieval Knight

afraid not not unttld :( it would be an easier medium to work with.

OK its Pinned and that was a small nightmare as it was my first. after pinning i seemed to have a gigantic gap so filled it and put a new bit of green stuff over and and blended it in, also needed to add a bit more of the belt and fix a bit in the cape thingy, so tomorrow ill give it a rub down and primer it again,
001_zpsc9adcc76.jpg

there was also small gap around the front that i dint like the look of so i filled that.
002_zpsa9aa9c46.jpg

the heads have just a base coat of brown sand by Vallejo. i hope to make a start on one of these tomorrow.
003_zps4d0dadf9.jpg
004_zpse4f139de.jpg

Lookin' good so far. The detail on that kit looks good for I assume it's white metal/diecast? Waiting for my Erik the Red to show up.

Will be following this thread closely. :)

Looks good Spud . btw ,Milliput is the best thing for figures ,you can sculpt the shapes easier and finish it with a wet brush to blend it in with no need for sanding :)

Chris.

Not being an explicit figure builder, I always wondered: Why all the aggrevation with the pinning? Is roughing up mating surfaces in combination with 2 minute expoxy resin not enough to keep the parts toghether?
I did a resin 75mm knight with expoxy and it's still holding on strong. I have a few 54mm pewter knights assembeled (but not painted) on my shelf. I havent't handeled them in a number of years. They are just waiting for my whim to return and they scream: "Paint me". In any case they neither lost leg nor limb! ... yet!
Any opinion?

I tried epoxy first didn't do squat so i went with pins and super glue and its really strong now.

I dont like this pinning business pain in the ass to get aligned, i also prefer resin figures to the metal, but all the really cool ones are in metal :(

ive no idea yet John im going to paint both and see what i prefer

Painted the first head. pretty happy with it so far, i need to touch up the noes and do a bit more to the beard

how does he look and is there any thing i should do to it
001_zpsf95d8570.jpg
002_zps5dacbc81.jpg
003_zps083f8a4b.jpg

That looks excellent Spud ,really nice work mate :) ....add a light catch light (white dot) on the eyes and then put a clear coat on them ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris i new someone would see something i forgot :D

John only trying. so many good fig modelers showing up this year :D it makes ya pull up yer socks a bit :D

you wear socks ? ...I thought you were a flipflop kinda guy ;D ;D :p

Latest posts

Back