Saying Hello from Eastern North Carolina

ABH2USN

Hello fellow modelers, I am new here of course. My name is Jim and I'm a Warship genera guy. I've been building ships for pretty close to 25 years (off and on). I build only 1/350 and 1/700 scale. My current project is a 1/700 scale "life time" Diorama of a modern naval base with and airfield and amphibious base as well, it is totally HUGE, I have 3 tables (27 square feet) currently in the early stages of building, I have planned to have 300 US Navy, with some ships of JMSDF, Great Britain, and Russia. Current have 47 kits of those countries, and nearly 250 ships of the US Navy. I have currently built nearly 150 US ships which are awaiting the first 3 tables to be completed. I have a build log on another model sight with several pictures (e-mail me for link) I am building as many ships by there classes and trying to complete each class of the modern era and right now I'm off to a great start, I started this project planning it last year and didn't start actually take it to this level until this year although I am building ships for it at a rapid pace, Well I just wanted to introduce myself and I'll keep in touch.

Thank you Quaralane, Yes it is a big project, I've allowed myself 5 years to build it but right now I'm way ahead, I might be finished in 3 or 4 years, but with a project like this it is never really finished, I just want to make it the best that I can. The only problem with it is I'll never be able to take it to a show or contest due to the size, as I said it my first post at the moment I have 27 sq. feet already built with 4 to 6 more tables planned. At the moment I'm working on the lighting for the buildings and the piers, the lights are all in place but I'm wiring them in to the switches which is a bit time involved as I'm no electrician, but I have a good handle on it and everything was planned out before starting so it's just a matter of execution.

Latest posts

Back