Say Hello to Pete

ModelFreak72

The votes are in and I will be starting the Pete. Here are some shots of the spures. The cockpit parts have already been sprayed (I have a bad habit of doing multiple cockpits at one time) with Tamiya IJN cockpit color. I will be respraying it with Mitsubishi interior green. Sorry no box shot yet, I kinda shrank it a little to small for viewing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey Guys, got some pics! The cockpit is sprayed with mitsubishi interior green, dry brushed with silver, and weathered with flory sand wash. The seatbelts are from eduard. The hasegawa PE is ok but I found that if you fold the PE the way the directions say, you'll have two little nubs sticking out into the cockpit. They have you putting the decal on the flat side then fold the face plate over. Instead I placed the decal on the kit part, cut the face plate off and glued it to the kit part. I added an extra step but the end result is nice. Now onto the fuselage, wings and float thingys.

The Pete is finally together! The overall fit was great, the only place that needed filling was where the fuselage and wings meet on the bottom. The other thing I found is that the panel lines on the rear of the fuselage don't line up if you lineup the front. In hind sight I should have lined the rear panel lines up as the forward are going the be hard to see under the wing. ::) Here are some pics.

Hey Guys, I got some more pics. The paint is aeromaster mitsubishi green and grey. The chipping was done with a prismacolor argent metallic pencil. The hasegawa PE worked ok, but if you try and bend it more than twice you'll risk breaking it! More to come.

Nice, looks "gently used" - the weathering & chipping looks really good. A few markings, and the beaching trolley and Pete's finished. :)

Just getting caught up on your Pete here MF. It's looking great. A couple of things really caught my eye. You say you did the chipping with a prisma colour argent pencil? Would that be like a graphite pencil or a paint type pencil. My local art store has umpteen different kinds of prisma colour products. The chipping looks very convincing without having to go to the trouble of the salt or hairspray type techniques. Also, the rigging is excellent!! What did you use for it? Thanks. Keep up the great work MF!

Latest posts

Back