say goodby too one of my videos.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
evidently people do not like my video on my 1/32 scale P-51... well thats too bad, about 75% of the comments on it where negative, one person rudely stated that a elephant could have built the kit better, simply beacuse i had made a mistake adding the spark plug wires the engine cowl fit was horrible. another person commented that i should not build another one beacuse my skill set is not suitable for the kit, so i just deleted the video.

That's too bad Ace. Even if they didn't like your build, there was no call to be rude to you. They could have said...I don't like the build. That's too bad man. Takes all kinds eh?

Was this a youtube video?
Seriously, I wouldn't let them get to you, I get all kinds of crap in my comments, the one thing they have in common is they're all non contributing tards!
Sadly there are trollers on there who have not a thing better to do than look at the work someone else has put in and insult them.
First thing I always do is look at their channel, most times there'll be nothing there uploaded at all, sometimes one or two seriously crappy 5 second clips from their cellphone, 3 seconds of which is them trying to figure out if they've pressed the right button to record.
A swift response saying, and your shining example of awesome videography is where? usually does the trick.
If comments become nasty, abusive or offensive, i delete them, I have that power, they're my videos and I won't tolerate it when anyone of any age can view my channel.

Put your video back up, they can't all be perfect, it's a learning curve and if you and 50% of your viewers take something positive away from the video that's good enough for me.
I'm happy that a percentage of my viewers get something worthwhile fom my videos, you should be too!

Sorry to hear that Ace. Being anonymous can make people very rude. Keep in mind it's your P-51, and it's totally cool that you're build it your way. They didn't pay for your kit, nor did they invest the time to build your kit - you did. So you should enjoy it, (and be sure to post your progress here).

JMac

90% of the people on youtube are assholes and they all think they are better than you or me when they are prob worse. sorry to hear you removed teh vid because of them.

There is no shortage of people waiting for the opportunity to be haters just because they can.

When I first started posting videos on YouTube there was a member of a forum I no longer frequent who went on a rampage of nasty attacks on me not because he didn't like the review I was doing but because my workbench was too neat and clean therefore (in his mind) I had no right to be making videos much less posting them.

My advice to you is to set your channel to submit comments for approval before posting and the hate posting will stop.
It seems there idiots only post on those videos where comments are immediately posted just to make themselves look important.

Don't give in to their cowardice.
So what if you messed up during a build. Leave your video up. If you made a mistake, point it out so other may learn from your mistakes. No big deal. But don't let the haters dictate what you do with your channel.

its just so frustrating, i put over 2 weeks of work into that damn plane, poured my heart and soul into it, and people contributed too the build too, decals, tools, sure it was not perfect, but the details i put into that airplane where still nice. you guys are right, there are assholes, and maybe they just don't deserve to see it. you guys are the only ones who really give a crap.

you know in some ways it was kind of right, i should not have needed to use as much Aves for seems on that, but hay, its not like it looks crappy, i think it turned out great, don't you guys?

13aceofspades13 said:
its just so frustrating, i put over 2 weeks of work into that darn plane, poured my heart and soul into it, and people contributed too the build too, decals, tools, sure it was not perfect, but the details i put into that airplane where still nice. you guys are right, there are assholes, and maybe they just don't deserve to see it. you guys are the only ones who really give a crap.

Well....ask yourself one question:
Why do you do a video of a build?

Is it to share with everyone your experience with this kit and get some feedback on your skills?
Is it for people to see the pro's and con's of said kit?
Is it to maybe influence some young kid who might see your video and say "wow that's cool! I wanna do that!"?

(OK that was three..but you get the idea).

I say put the video back on and just ignore the jerks.
See your options to approve or delete comments before they go public and go from there.

Most haters do all this hating because they are jealous. They don't have the skills or guts to put themselves out there like we do when we do these videos. They feel inadequate so they attack.
I just laugh at them.

well some people makes negative comments, that's given they are just a bunch of low-life who makes it a living to mock others... were in fact in reality they are bunch something you would even notice.

this is your build and you have the right on what will put on the bird, and again this is your hard earn money and they are not ones who's feeding you... Don't give a crap to them, Ace fly high!! :)

should have never deleted the video, cant find the video on my computer too upload it back, i feel like a fool. :'(

its just been a long stressful few days, this is not helping me at all.

If it's gone don't sweat it, just call it a day and put it down to experience.

As for the haters, never fails to amaze me, I post videos of all kinds of things, I posted a motorbike review of a chinese dirt bike I had a while ago, got no end of of nasty comments, most I deleted becuase I considered them unsavoury, some I left because to me it simply reinforces to other sensible people reading it what assholes they really are, and again, all the haters have no clue and contribute nothing.

It's easy to sit at a baseball game in the crowd yelling 'dude you suck, you should have hit that better' but not so easy to get off your ass, go out there and do it.

Just say, go on then smartass, show me how to do it better!

I won't even get into the armchair experts on there, LOL, some of the responses on my bike mechanic and maintenance videos say it all, (i'm a qualified mechanic, s'what I used to do a long time ago)

Do what you do, enjoy what you do, post it to elighten and enrich other peoples lives.

I would say that as long as you love the hobby and are happy with the build, why worry about what they say. I for one like your builds and i would like to see the video if you can find it again.

ronrod62 said:
I would say that as long as you love the hobby and are happy with the build, why worry about what they say. I for one like your builds and i would like to see the video if you can find it again.

Agreed. There really isn't anything more I can add to what others have already said. If you enjoy it, keep posting, if not, then stop. It is all about what you get out of it.

I'll add my voice to this as well Ace. Pretty shocking how some people act when they're anonymously posting on the internet.

Hope you find that vid, buddy. Or you can always make another if you choose to. :)

There's a simple phrase used in MMOs that fits very well here.
"Haters gonna hate"

Simply put, Ace, there are people that say nasty, mean things just because they can.
What you tackled was NOT an easy model.
Heck, I'm not planning on tacking it, for a reason.

If you can find the video to re-load, that's great. But don't worry about it if you cant.

Mate, It's ok. Even if it were badly built (which it most definitely wasn't), all you can do is take it in your stride and keep improving. The skills that have developed for all of us since we joined up are amazing, and I know for a fact anonymous youtubers do that because they are sad. So feel sorry for them and just reply to their comments with thankyous, and cheers mate, appreciate the feedback. ;) Seems to make them shut their faceholes

Latest posts

Back