Saturday afternoon model club

Yep, they have converted, Dallin has built up two more models and entered his first contest. He took second place in the Jr.'s cat.

LOL! Well crack is one addictive substance.....

Much like the tiny little bits of plastic that come in these boxes....

Trying to figure out what part is the most addicting. The assortment of subjects? The ride of the build, the peaks and valleys? but I think it the possibilities.
PS Every neighborhood needs a good plastic pusher! :)

Can't wait to see that Viper come together, I am just finishing up paint on mine. I went with with the red and black just like on the box, just waiting for paint to cure so that I can lay down my stripe. I will share it when i get back from my trip to miami and Hawaii, gonna be out of the model zone for a while. Got to do some end of year travel for work.

I am with you there, I have to spend the next 10 days with nothing but work.....

Hey Grendels. Enjoying the videos. As I said in a previous post I am finishing the paint up on my Viper kit currently. Thought I would share where I am at, and a couple of observations.

Here is where it sits now, ready for clear. One item to note is that you should not put the side valances on the care until after mating it to the frame and interior. I had to pry one side off after painting and touch everything up as you can not get the body on with both sides attached.

IMG_20131214_130514_zpswk85ocj0.jpg

The decals are pretty gummy, at least mine were. Or maybe it is the decal solutions I am using. I am using the Vallejo Decal fix and Decal medium, have not used the microsol, maybe I should. As you can see from the pics below there is a good amount of film/goo around the decals themselves. I tried removing it with a cotton swab and had minor luck. Maybe it will lessen when I apply the clear?

This one is the worst.
IMG_20131214_130556_zps1n7afcf7.jpg

Man it sure looks bad up close.
695ba391-bb26-4ca2-a373-5ecd9f3f5e21_zpsd510a1fa.jpg

These cleaned up better. But still gooey.
IMG_20131214_130727_zpshe5tsnk9.jpg

And these little aerodynamic wing things on the front were a pain in the you know what.. Even after 20min's of fussin' with them I still was not happy with their placements and how symetrical they were.

IMG_20131214_130843_zps7rnwajcs.jpg

Will post a completed pic hopefully soon. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks for the pictures and the advice, I will pass that on.

I also think that the problem is your decal solution or a bad set of decals. We have not had that problem with them.

Latest posts

Back