RX Bottle TrashCan

ArtChromer

So I've been trying to wrap up a foxbody mustang over in the Auto forum... This silly little garbage can won't leave me alone! I wake up building it in my mind. So, Fine I say, I will build you... I am curious, what common household stuff have y'all used to turn into cool bits, or your favorite scale hack? I feel like this idea came to me organically, although I am certain it has been done many times over. Either way, enjoy!
IMG_1033.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1036.JPGIMG_1042.JPG

Excellent ideas! I never thought of turning a pill bottle into a trash can. I've got a box full of them and have been thinking only of what I might store in them, or what needs translucent amber stock.
Love the spool, too. Not only do I remember those, I remember when they were popular in the 70s to use as yard furniture. My dad scrounged a couple of them, painted them with a redwood stain, and stuck 'em out on our patio. When they eventually weathered past decency, we burned 'em in a bonfire, and I salvaged the metal plates where the threaded rods protruded. I used them to make a wind chime.

Love the spool, too. Not only do I remember those, I remember when they were popular in the 70s to use as yard furniture. My dad scrounged a couple of them, painted them with a redwood stain, and stuck 'em out on our patio. When they eventually weathered past decency, we burned 'em in a bonfire, and I salvaged the metal plates where the threaded rods protruded. I used them to make a wind chime.
Folks I knew used them for INDOOR furniture :D A common fixture in my life for sure!

Latest posts

Back