Russian Army Build Log

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Hi All

this is a project that has been on the back burner since Christmas due to time restraints but I've suddenly got the energy to tackle one of the largest projects I've started.

The Project: Russian Regiment

P1110816_zps83c813ca.jpg[/URL]

I got the Russian starter army for xmas to get into Black Powder by Warlord Games, the set come with 130 plastic figures and a metal Colonel mounted on horseback, so a lot of parts are packed into the box ;)

P1110817_zps97368d86.jpg[/URL]

Also for added punch for my Regiment I picked up a six pounder foot artillery gun

P1110437.jpg[/URL]

so the plan is too over the next few months is too build up my Army and also make a start on the boxes of French infantry I have stashed ;)

Ill have plenty of updates being uploaded the whole time, so watch this space, I was thinking that other wargamers on the site might want to start their own army build log and support each other along :)

thanks for looking,

Shane.

model maker jnr said:
Nice can't wait to see what your figures look like

cheers mate, I love the Napolanic era for its history but also from a modelling prospective for the colorful uniforms and with many of the newer brands the figures are packed with detail :)

When starting wargame projects I like to start with the command elements of army to get into the grove of it :)
though I painted this chap a while back, i will start with him, as I have no other unit that isn't WIP at the moment. The mounted officer was painted painted in Vallejo and GW colors

P1110488.jpg[/URL]

P1110491.jpg[/URL]

P1110492.jpg[/URL]

so that my Regimental commander on his somewhat scrawny steed ready to take command

hope you like him

cheers,

Shane.

hi all,

a quick update, got a unit of Grens done im super chuffed with them ! ;D

P1110825_zps91f85caf.jpg[/URL]

P1110821_zps0c0c48cd.jpg[/URL]

P1110823_zps0244e11a.jpg[/URL]

and a nice shoot of the Colonel :)

P1110830_zpsd61635c1.jpg[/URL]

enjoy,

cheers

shane.

Nice job Shane :) ....Lots of work in there !! Keep at it ;)

Chris.

thanks chris, its a project Ive been a little intimateded by it up till now, but its a fun project too keep me busy :)

Hi All,

quick update for yee :)

been working away on my 6prd foot artillery which turned out to be a pleasure to paint up :)

P1110833_zpsf6e713a9.jpg[/URL]

P1110835_zpsa36178bc.jpg[/URL]

thats all for now

cheer

shane

Latest posts

Back