Rumors of War - ideas

Junkie

Let's throw out some ideas on how to build around the theme Rumors of War.

I'll start:
For Rumors of War I'm an considering a Star Wars vignette but I"m not sure if my idea fits. Basically a walker (APTP) and some troops in an urban setting with one rebel hiding in a knocked out building.

Doesn't really scream rumors of war though....

I dig the prototype idea. Maybe a vignette..getting built, designed.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything really out there in terms of this category. I'm still very much leaning towards the 1/32 Tamiya F-15E though.....

Scratch that! With all this talk about chemical weapons in Syria...

Trumpeter 1/35 M1135 Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Reconnaissance Vehicle!

Boo Yaa!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Adam- The M1135 certainly fits the bill.

Scott Girvan said:
I dig the prototype idea. Maybe a vignette..getting built, designed.

I've a started Sci-Fi build that I could work into a vignette, haven't tried that before. It kind of works into the prototype/re-arming type theme. I'm sort of shying away from the idea of painting figures, they are unknown quantity for me.

IMO the obvious vignette is some form of 'refugee' or a check point...mothers and children walking. I've looked into it and there are plenty of kits out there. Generals making plans fits too.

It will be interesting too see what y'all come up with.

I have been bouncing all over the place with ideas, but I am afraid I just don't have time to do much. So it will probably just be a standard kit build.

A prototype wouldn't be that dirty....

So something quick.

Maybe Sci fi,
Armor,
or a scratch build....

I also have a coast guard cutter, so I was thinking of building it as a "rumor of a drug smuggling op" sort of thing....

i think we should do like a world war 3 theme, like with this whole thing going on over in syria, and since th us is now going to get involved

I think Rumors of War is pretty wide open, I mean, really it could be anything that is early war.

PzI, PzII, Bf-109F, Spitfire MkII

M60 tank looking over the Fulda Gap

Israeli Centurion charging over the Sinai

US Destroyer off the coast of Syria ready to pounce.

Sky's the limit really.

THE NEW ONE said:
i think we should do like a world war 3 theme, like with this whole thing going on over in syria, and since th us is now going to get involved

You can totally do that.

As mentioned, I have a couple UAV's that would be cool to build...but also a few 1/35 humvees that would be interesting to put a future/sci-fi twist on...gonna have to think about this one...

Elm City Hobbies said:
I think Rumors of War is pretty wide open, I mean, really it could be anything that is early war.

PzI, PzII, Bf-109F, Spitfire MkII

M60 tank looking over the Fulda Gap

Israeli Centurion charging over the Sinai

US Destroyer off the coast of Syria ready to pounce.

Sky's the limit really.

A viper in the launch tube waiting to go on patrol,
A zaku stalking a supply run
A Klingon bird of prey hiding behind an asteroid. (Patrick you come to mind for this one.)
Zombies marching to McDonnalds,

Or if you will take it a bit further, a "war" can be a contest with heated emotions:

Two rivals waiting for a race to start

So really the sky is the limit.

Or even Minions from Dispensable me building a device for some reason....

I've just had a great idea the four horsemen's cars but there are three problems. 1. I've got three cars the ferrari 612, 72 covette and the 68 corvette. 2. I'm not going to cannibalise the 612 mainly because I don't want to and secondly because some might see it a sacrilege 3. I don't have an airbrush and there is a snowballs chance that I'm going to contemplate brush painting one car

Alright guys, I'm definitely going Russian it's just a matter of what time period. Which one of the following do I build?

1. T-34/76
2. T-90

So, what do you guys think?

Trying to decide...I liked the idea of copying a propaganda poster...this one seems kind of pre-Pearl Harbor to me...

Oer_the_ramparts_we_watch.jpg

I could go towards the other end of the spectrum-- rumors of a new Japanese fighter that might be something new to use against the high altitude B-29s...I've never done anything smaller than 1/48...but this was given to me and despite it being 1/72, it seems like a pretty sweet kit:

20130904_213056.jpg

Latest posts

Back