Rommel's Rod.

Thanks fella's ,glad you're liking it ;D

RocketSilo said:
I almost picked this same model for the contest , weathering , aftermarket tracks ,ect...glad I didn't ..!!!

can't wait to see the progress on it !
Hi Rocketsilo ,not sure where you might get aftermarket tracks ? or how you might fit them as the running gear is moulded in one piece ? If you know where to get them let me know ,I'd be very interested ;)

Grendels ..go for it buddy ,they're a fun build ,nice to have in the stash and can still be found quite readily .This one is the 2010 re release with all new tooling ,which is moulded quite nicely ;D

Chris.

that things kinda big XD, there where a lot of fancy vehicles for German officers, if i where a officer, or if Atom had a special staff car, it would be a souped up Packard clipper or Willies jeep XD

Chris S said:
Grendels ..go for it buddy ,they're a fun build ,nice to have in the stash and can still be found quite readily .This one is the 2010 re release with all new tooling ,which is moulded quite nicely ;D

Chris.

Found one on Amazon when I was looking for reference videos on Godzilla. Picked it up for a pretty good price....

Good to hear you got one Grendels ;D...ya wont regret it buddy.

I've gone as far as I can go with the building now untill I start laying some paint on ...so after these pics it'll be stripped ,cleaned and into the paintshop :)

DSCF2947.jpg
DSCF2948.jpg
DSCF2951.jpg
DSCF2949.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Thanks guys ...hopefully some paint tomorrow ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Thanks fella's ,glad you're liking it ;D

RocketSilo said:
I almost picked this same model for the contest , weathering , aftermarket tracks ,ect...glad I didn't ..!!!

can't wait to see the progress on it !
Hi Rocketsilo ,not sure where you might get aftermarket tracks ? or how you might fit them as the running gear is moulded in one piece ? If you know where to get them let me know ,I'd be very interested ;)

Chris.

Hi Cris ,
when I was looking for photos online of builds , I saw one where the builder had modified or replaced the tracks and wheels,, They may have been from another model and not "aftermarket". I can't remember the link or site. just stumbled into it on google...
The build so far looks great , It looks fine as is to me ! Looking forward to the progress

Hi fella's . Time for an update !!!

The Rod is just out of the spray booth, most of the AB work done . I shot it with a basecoat of dark brown ,followed by German Dark yellow ,then I lightened the yellow a bit with Deck Tan and sprayed that from the top down only ,also used it on the center of the wheels . .I 've left the yellow patchy in places on purpose ,it should add to later effects !! ::)

DSCF2992.jpg
DSCF2993.jpg

DSCF2995.jpg
DSCF2994.jpg
DSCF2991.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks a lot fella's ,the klear is on at the moment ,then its decals ,weathering & details !!! Oh yeah ,and a couple of skeletons !! lol

Chris.

Latest posts

Back