ROLLS ROYCE

Larry B

Well does a model ever really turn out as nice as we wanted? I know mine never do but I'll share this build anyway. I bought this kit from my local plastic model hobby shop (Denbigh Hobbies) which has since gone out of business. The owner used to buy estate sales and other large bundles of kits when ever he could, this made his inventory fun to look thru. I wanted to try my hand at a 1/24 scale car kit, its been about 50 years since I built a small car kit. This particular kit, the box had been smushed and many of the parts were distorted from being in extreme heat at some point in time. I figured I had nothing to loose and it could always go in the trash if things went really bad. The only thing I did a bit different was to cut the hood so it opened, I hated to cover up the little engine after building it up!

I was able to find a bunch of photos of the real car on line, if you look up "Rolls Royce, star of India" you can see the real one. It's got a very interesting history.

Attachments

• RR0.jpg
    RR0.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 37
  • RRB.jpg
    RRB.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 37
  • RRC.jpg
    RRC.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 33
  • RRD.jpg
    RRD.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 32
  • RRE.jpg
    RRE.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 923239.jpg
    923239.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Super looking build, Larry.
I’ve heard this series from Italeri turn old
to be pretty nice builds with a little extra time
put in.
Really nice.

I just saw this. I too built this car but it was stock with no paint. I don't know what happened to it so I bought a newer one. It's still in the box. I hoped to build this one day but it looks like that's not going to happen! I haven't even removed the shrink wrap from it. The aluminum parts are supposed to be chrome which kills me as I love that look of satin but I have Spaztix that I plan to paint this with. I only hope that it comes out as good looking as I am thinking that it will. Here's the story of this car below:

https://www.supercars.net/blog/1934-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-star-of-india/

Well does a model ever really turn out as nice as we wanted? I know mine never do but I'll share this build anyway. I bought this kit from my local plastic model hobby shop (Denbigh Hobbies) which has since gone out of business. The owner used to buy estate sales and other large bundles of kits when ever he could, this made his inventory fun to look thru. I wanted to try my hand at a 1/24 scale car kit, its been about 50 years since I built a small car kit. This particular kit, the box had been smushed and many of the parts were distorted from being in extreme heat at some point in time. I figured I had nothing to loose and it could always go in the trash if things went really bad. The only thing I did a bit different was to cut the hood so it opened, I hated to cover up the little engine after building it up!

I was able to find a bunch of photos of the real car on line, if you look up "Rolls Royce, star of India" you can see the real one. It's got a very interesting history.
Fantastic build!

Latest posts

Back