Robot Batlle V MK44 Black Knight

MaschinenKrueger

You want MaK with that?
This is my build of the Love Love Garden resin conversion set for the Hasegawa White Knight. The figure is also from LLG.

I didn't take any in progress pictures. But let me tell you, Hasegawa White Knight kit was one of the easiest kits I have built in a long time. Lots of details and the fit is great. The resin conversion set was pretty straightforward with only the usual seams to clean up.

The Mk44 is hand painted with Tamiya and Gunze laq paints. The color scheme is inspired/copied from the Saito Heel build. I had a real hard time determining the pattern and colors, there isn't much contrast on his model. They kind of muddle together like Kow's Mk44 AmmoKnight finishes. In the end I went with something close. All colors are first painted by hand then a little airbrushing was used to fill in any thin spots where I kept dragging up the primer. It's not as loose as other hand painted finishes but there are plenty of brush strokes if you need proof. It was then weathered with oil and enamel paints.

The figure was shaded and highlighted orange with the airbrush. I then picked out details with a small brush. The rest of the soft goods were hand painted. The helmet is alclad airbrushed over a black base.

mk44_03.jpg

mk44_04.jpg

I like the hand painted look on this kit. Gives it a heavy cast iron look to me. That figure looks awesome.

Criminy ! That looks nice ;D

Yeah , the fig looks like it's wearing real textiles :eek:

Sweet .

I've been very happy with every Hasegawa kit that I've dealt with , ship and aircraft also .

Uru

Latest posts

Back