Rio Grande Entry

Tobes2us

Ok, here it goes for me. I'm submitting a 1:72 Rio Grande kit by AMT/Ertl. First time BSC participant, but I'm gonna go for an attempt anyway. Here's my pic taken yesterday.

entryforbsc2012.jpg

Tobes

This AMT Runabout is a great choice for a nice contest entry I think.
Will be waiting for the updates with anticipation as well! ;)

I'll try to get a video of the box contents up as soon as I can. I'm at work late tonight til 2 AM but if I have the energy when I get home I'll bust it out. I'll try to document my build as best I can. I'm excited to try it out!

You betcha. I'll do more when I get home tonight and try to do a full run down on whats in the box and close up's of the parts.

A brief overview of the kit for those that were interested. Sorry it's my first attempt at making a video and I'm still a bit newbish. Long day, here you go. I'll put more up when I can. Here's the link to the uploaded video. I couldn't get it to embed for some reason. Time to sleep.

http://youtu.be/IR_MPTdr_cs

Just noticed that the link to the video was broken and that's why it wasn't allowing the forums to embed the video. Anyway, I'll do another video with the open box parts overview so you can see what's inside. I was really tired when I did the original, but after viewing it, I think I should probably do a better one anyway. Sorry if you tried to watch the link.

Tobes2us said:
Just noticed that the link to the video was broken and that's why it wasn't allowing the forums to embed the video. Anyway, I'll do another video with the open box parts overview so you can see what's inside. I was really tired when I did the original, but after viewing it, I think I should probably do a better one anyway. Sorry if you tried to watch the link.

When I tried to watch the video it came up as private. So that might be part of the problem.

When posting a video all you have to do is copy over the link, no need to put a tag around it like

Thanks Grendels, I'll do up the box review tonight. Work has been really busy and I've not been able to get to it the past few days. I did a test of putting a video in and it worked, the problem was my lack of sleep and attention to detail lol. I should have the video up by tomorrow if not tonight.

Ok finally got to the video camera work and made a better video for the open box review of the kit. Any questions, please feel free to shout. I'm starting work on the kit today now. I've not had a chance to hit the bench due to work and other stuff so now I'm off and running. I hope the video gives a good idea of what this kit entails.

Here she is:

Rio Grande 1:72 Box Review

Tobes

Sorry I missed this thread amongst the many, many others. My word! Great choice of build for the contest.

Very interested to see how this builds up, it certainly looks good, but never can be too sure with AMT. Can't wait! Good luck Tobes2us. :)

LOL...I am playing catch-up as well! Looking forward to seeing you get this together!! ;)

The roll bar sensor thingie on top actually sits pretty well on top of the model without having to be glued in.
That's a pretty good kit, I don't recall any issues with a bad fit with this one, so I'm sure you're going to have plenty of fun getting it together.

Latest posts

Back