Ride it like you stole it

Yes, it's an M5. I would have preferred to use the M6 3" gun with the angled shield, but this is what I had in the stash.

and thanks for the earlier comments guys. ;D

I finished up the trailer assembly with the soft solder brake lines and some footman loops and handles from Tiger Models. I'll make some stowage tied down to those doors for added detail.

M8.jpg

I also finished up the cab of the RSO with the hatches and handles/locking pins.

RSO.jpg

Something about the composition just wasn't doing it for me. The focus of the scene should be the gun, so it really should be pointed towards the viewer, not away. I spun things around and moved the figure back, I think this works much better and is a more interesting view.

Tracks were just dry fit for the photo so ignore their floating appearance.

COMP.jpg

hope i have'nt missed this is the mount the gun is sitting on scratch built ken..and the rest its a quality such a crisp clean build

Yes it is completely scratched, just kinda shot from the hip with some evergreen stuff. ;)

Thanks!

well in that case bud even more of a WOW...oh u know that chopper a brought the other day well i sliced my finger pretty deep two days and there is blood on it...back to your build ;)

I have a M3 towed gun available to photo if you need some detail photos. Looks great otherwise.

those nobly bits on the front are those tie downs also Ken? if so will you replace them?

I much prefer the new look also ;)

Yup. I liked it earlier but this is better. My eyes look at the big gun first. Both of them. Nice man.

Really neat project. I love the oddness of it and the work on all the parts so far is really well done.
Looking forward to the rest of the project.

Hey thanks guys, appreciate your interest.

Jeep said:
I have a M3 towed gun available to photo if you need some detail photos.

Thanks dude, but the AFV Club kit has plenty of details as is, I'm just going out of the box with this one.

spud said:
those nobly bits on the front are those tie downs also Ken? if so will you replace them?

I don't know to be honest but either way no, I've done about all the building I want on this, time to start painting it.

Latest posts

Back