Revitalizing my rusty skills w/a kitbash

nnygamer

I haven't built a model all the way in ages and hardly touched anything in the last year due to my medical problems. But I'm on the mend and have been feeling the need for styrene once again. But I didn't want to start back with the 1/350 refit as I'm pretty rusty with my skills.
So I drug out my 2 old Reliant kits to make into a Stargazer like ship. It shouldn't be too much trouble as long as I don't go overboard with details like I usually do.
Basically it's the 2 upper halves mated together and the engines mounted on the old roll bars. The weapon pods ars still used just reversed and upside-down and mounted to a vertical pylon. Cutting the ends off the nacelles will make it more Stargazer like, but a bit more heavily armed. I made a 0preliminary design on the computer but really have no idea as to a name or registry number for it. I can make my own decals so no problems with the bling.

quad1.png

I may attempt a shuttlebay interior, maybe have one door open with a few shuttles. If I do then I'll probably slip in a ship from another universe, Galactica or Star Wars.

I've actually done some work, I disassembled the kit I did in 95 and lets say it's not a great kit. I marked off the spots to remove/fill on the saucer, removed the impulse to mover forward about 3/4" and made a template for covering up the greebled recesses.
All the little bumps on the saucer sucked so they are going, all the current windows will be filled and redrilled.

Latest posts

Back