Review: U.S. Airborne scooter with machine gun

Junkie

4694.jpg

U.S. Airborne scooter with machine gun
http://www.plusmodel.cz/karta_en.php?id=616
Plus Model (No. 439)
1/35
Kit contains 51 resin parts, two photoetched sheets and decals.
Priced online at $38.51 USD / € 27.70

Here we have a cool little kit that would serve well in the context of a vignette or diorama. This kit contains 51 resin parts, two photoetched sheets and decals along with lengths of copper wire.

Packaging is very well done and all parts are in bags, in bubble wrap, in a box. Upon opening the bubble wrap I find 2 parts bags, one containing the scooter, the other with the machine gun, along with a small instruction sheet.

Although I didn't open the individual bags I can clearly see very little flash and crisp detail. Being a tiny kit the supplied photoetch will surely add fantastic detail. The decals look very well printed and the addition of multimedia such as the copper wire is a nice touch.

This is definitely a kit for intermediate and advanced builders who enjoy tiny details with big final impressions.

4686.jpg

4687.jpg

4688.jpg

4689.jpg

4690.jpg

4691.jpg

4692.jpg

4693.jpg

4685.jpg

I believe the photos speak for themselves here. If you want to set yourself 'apart from the pack' and build something this is different and will add incredible detail and interest to a large diorama or stand on it's own in a vignette this is a great choice.

Thank you to plusmodel for providing this review sample.
http://www.plusmodel.cz/

Nice Scott!

Are you going to do a build revive on it? I have some reference photos of a restored scooter if you need them.

Thanks guys.

This will be going to Ken and he's going to build it for SMA.

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks guys.

This will be going to Ken and he's going to build it for SMA.

Cool! Looking forward to it. I think I have already sent ken those reference pictures.

That looks very cool 8) The Fordson I built for last years comp was from plusmodel and I really enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back