[Review] Ma.K. in SF3D Vol. 1: Bon Voyage by MAX Watanabe

Biskup

max1.jpg
Not so long ago there was a book published called SF3D Ma.K Vol.1: Bon Voyage by Mr. Max Watanabe. This is a real treat for fans of Maschinen Krieger topic. In this position three models are discussed: Lunadiver Stingray, Hafs Jerry and Pkf.85 Super Falke ranging from assembly through any modifications and ending with the painting.
For each model there is several painting versions presented and discussed how to implement some of them. In a separate section of the book there are discussed ways of processing and painting figures from those kits. The book is entirely in Japanese, but with the large number of images that are in it will be very helpful not only for fans of the series, but also for modelers interested in different things.
As a bonus on the last page there is a CD on which we find all or almost all photographs included in the book.
From this series a second part of this book was published, for which I’m currently waiting and I will discuss it as soon as it reaches me.
If you have any questions feel free to ask on PM or e-mail ([email protected])
Cheers
Lukasz Ziolkowski

i would like to build one of these kits some day, they seem to have lots of potential for weathering and dio's

spud said:
i would like to build one of these kits some day, they seem to have lots of potential for weathering and dio's

Bah. Go for Gundam. Mak stuff is too unrealistic. No fuel, no ammo, no engines. It's just 1/35 for armor guys. If it's 1/35 you want, go with Votoms Gundam UCHG, or Patlabor. ;D

Spud go ahead do what you like and how you like its fun trust me.
Gundamhead well I won't agree with you as I would say it's the other way around ;)
Cheers
Lukasz

Biskup said:
Spud go ahead do what you like and how you like its fun trust me.
Gundamhead well I won't agree with you as I would say it's the other way around ;)
Cheers
Lukasz

Mak stuff gets squished in Zaku soles all the time. Tiny little crunchy things with a gooey core. ;D

And Spud don't trust him, He's a MAK sympathizer, you'll be looking at that Mak suit and say to yourself, OK where's the mechanics? Ok where's the ammo? No waitttaminnitt, where's the engine? Then you'll be asking why they're just WWII guys instead of future looking guys. Then you'll wonder why a guy who didn't have a suit just doesn't get a .50 mm and pop the pilot in the suit. Gundam stuff doesn't have any of these problems. It's got a basis in science.

I am joking. I like the new hounds for Mak., the Neuspotter was always a favorite, and the Fledermaus. But I did always find the MAK suits themselves on the fanciful side. BTW, nice review Biskup!

Hehe thanks :)
I think it's just personal thing Gundamhead. I didn't make one gundam but well it didn't interest me enough to get another one. With Ma.K's it was totally different but I think it's just personal preference.
Cheers
Lukasz

Latest posts

Back