Revell U 99

LGB, Jelly and Eastrock,

thanks you all for the kind words and words of encouragement you all have made this build very enjoyable for me :)

cheers lads,

shane

longlance67 said:
the Baron said:
Wow, Shane! What a great build! I like your weathering job, looks very realistic, she's battered and streaked. I like what you did to enhance some of the kit details, too, like the guns. The kit parts do look a little soft, and your detailing really improves them.

Well done!

Hi Baron,

thank you so much for your support and encouragement,
im really glad you enjoyed the build it was loads of fun...cant wait to try a few more subs in the future

cheers

shane

Sure thing, Shane! Thanks for the SBS/build blog, it was fun to follow.

If you like 1/72 subs, you should try the Gato-class sub next. What is your next project going to be?

- Baron,

id like to try one of revells 1/72 scale subs, would really to do a dockyard diorama of a german sub getting geared up for a patrol, but the gato class is really nice too maybe a future project ;)

For my next project im tackling a 1/400 titanic model which ive just opened the thread :)

I built one of the Titanic kits when I was in high school, I think it was boxed by Entex. But I got bored with it at about 75% finished, and started converting it into an aircraft carrier :eek: Never finished it, though. :D

the Baron said:
I built one of the Titanic kits when I was in high school, I think it was boxed by Entex. But I got bored with it at about 75% finished, and started converting it into an aircraft carrier :eek: Never finished it, though. :D

its a monster of kit to tackle and if your brush painter its even worse, but ill just have to keep plugging away at it and hope i dont suffer a burn out.....but i plan to space the titanic build out between a few smaller projects which will help

an aircraft conversions sounds very epic indeed ;D
love to see how that would look

cheers mate,

shane

Latest posts

Back