Revell Sith Infiltrator

Thundergod

As well as the Revell Nu-Class Attack Shuttle , I also picked up their Sith Infiltrator from the same range , I'll not bore with the usual "bigging-up" of these models , as I end up doing that every time I post on the subject ! BUT , if you want to model Darth Mauls ship of choice , than you'd do far worse than picking one of these up . Like the Attack Shuttle , this is a prequel era design that links to the later ships quite effectively , by having elements that point toward what will eventually become the TIE series of craft . The model went together perfectly , with no need for any filler and only minimal sanding to get rid of any seam lines . A little puzzling though, is the inclusion of internal cockpit detail and a tiny Maul figure which is not visible when the fuselage is assembled ! Of course , you could replace the red "window" parts with a more transparent alternative , but even then , you'd be hard pushed to make out these details . At least the figure gives you an idea of the scale of the kit ( about 100th ). The paint job on the model is so well done that I didn't even re-spray and stuck with the factory finish . Saying that , the edges between the two greys on the "wings" are a little vague , so I'll probably re-do these parts . The scribing and moulded detail on the "ball cockpit" is a little softer than I'd have liked , but the rest of the panel lines on the fuselage are exceptionally well done and reacted well to a preliminary acrylic wash . Some of the other detail areas featured a rather crude dry-brushed effect , but it was no big deal to over-paint these areas with the matching dark grey . I'll go back in and add my own dry-brushing later on .
DSC05552_zps4438be28.jpg

DSC05555_zps0dae54bc.jpg

DSC05547_zps45de57a0.jpg

DSC05548_zpsd51137ce.jpg

DSC05550_zpsc7a49ccd.jpg

am i right in thinking that Revell does this Sith infiltrator ship in two different sizes?

Is it the little one (Easy Kit POCKET) or the big One (Easy kit)... ?

Sorry guys , this is the larger ( Easy-kit) one , measuring 9"x6" . The "Pocket-Kit" is between 2 and 3 inches long and not really worth bothering with ( in my opinion anyway !)

Cool job ThunderGod, I bought this kit, thanks to youre recommendation,.....the only bit that confused me was they didn't use tranparent plastic fer the windows,...yet they still decked out the cockpit interior!!??

J

I know , I only discovered this after I added full fibre optics to all of the controls, holographic effects and an animatronic Darth Maul figure ! ( Only kidding ) ;D

the imperial shuttle has the same issue that the infiltrator does, in that they had detailed the cockpit but have a thick black piece of plastic for the windscreen so you are unable to see into the kit...here is my version:

shuttle1.jpg

Jimi said:
the imperial shuttle has the same issue that the infiltrator does, in that they had detailed the cockpit but have a thick black piece of plastic for the windscreen so you are unable to see into the kit...here is my version:

shuttle1.jpg

That shuttle looks the business Jimi . I've the same model on the workbench and it's a nice kit . The only things that let it down are the guns , which I think are a little too simplified , but I plan on scratchbuilding some more . But if mine turns out half as good as yours , I'll be more than happy !

Thundergod said:
Jimi said:

shuttle1.jpg

That shuttle looks the business Jimi . I've the same model on the workbench and it's a nice kit . The only things that let it down are the guns , which I think are a little too simplified , but I plan on scratchbuilding some more . But if mine turns out half as good as yours , I'll be more than happy !

the landing legs have plastic supports to add strength so that it will stand up, remember that the nose is designed to be used as a "third leg". i added some extra detail using brass rod and cut away the extra plastic support for the legs and it stands perfectly well on its own.

Latest posts

Back