Revell B24-D Liberator

THE NEW ONE

follow me on twitter @SpaceSavy
hey guys, I am build this b24-d for a local model club model show. I will post a video on YouTube in the next day or so. I do have a quick question. I was looking at part 19, which is the pilot and the bombardier "base". I saw that Revell had put wood mold detail at the tip, where the bomb sight goes. 2nd I as looking at a reference virtual cockpit, and I noticed that the back is gone, and reveals the nose wheel.(Look at the html at the bottom) is that a custom thing to that plane, or is it standard? Last but not least, is the bomb sight that was used on the b-24 used on all allied planes or just the b-24. thanks

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/024/B-24D%20Bombardier.html

Do a web search for the Norden bombsight. I believe it was used by nearly all, probably all, U S bombers. It was a very secret device and was often removed from the aircraft between missions. I don't know if it was ever released to the British. It wouldn't have done them a lot of good because they specialized in night time bombing raids.

As far as your question about the nose wheel. If I remember correctly from a visit with the Confederate Airforce's B-24 the nose wheel was the access for the bombadier ( I probably didnt spell that right) and the wheel was in the nose compartment.

The Confederate Airforce changed their name to Commemorative Air Force and have or had the last air worthy B-24 in the late 90's. They could be a valuable source of information.

Latest posts

Back