Revell 1/72 A400M

Madhatter

Hi everyone
Well, just after 4 months, I have finally finished this rather big bird! I really like the shape of this aircraft - which kinda surprises me a little because it's a turbo-prop and to not my usual taste of subject matter.
I opted to go for a WIF because I found the test gray to be incredibly dull and I wanted something a little different to what's in the instructions. So, following in the steps of my F-22, I went for a modified, used and abused RNZAF C130 Euro Scheme.

The decals are 1/72 C-130 Euro Scheme and came from Old Model Decals in New Zealand. All painted in Gunze. There is the Revell PE set there, SAC landing gear and the interior is fully lit courtesy of about 18 2mm SMD's. There was lighting on the wing tips too, but I shorted them out during testing after I had sealed the wing halves up.

Hope you enjoy the pics and please feel free to comment - good or bad.

I'll try to take some day light photos tomorrow if it fine's up and replace these one's with those if they turn out better.

Well, that's it, but if you would like to see the WIP, have a look here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=265052

Best regards

MH

I'm very impressed! This is awesome work, mate. It's a great-looking aircraft and the camo, weathering, and the interior lighting is stunning. I also love the props!

thanks for the replies fellas :) I had to swap the inboard props over after theses pics were taken though. Easy enough to do :

Latest posts

Back