Revell 1/48 P-38J Lightning

ibuild

My BSC entry (soon to be anyways) will be a Revell 1/48 P-38J Lightning. Feel free to comment.

Also, how do you upload pictures?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I send my pics to photobucket, then copy and paste the url from there. Good luck in the BSC as well, you've picked a nice kit.

In bare metal, yes? I just finished the MiniCraft kit right before the BSC. Looking forward to see her come together.

Thanks guys

Bullet21...thanks for pointing me in the right direction re uploading. While I'm not new to the website, I am new to posting on the forums.

Glorfindel...I plan on making the version on the box art, which has a mostly aluminum finish, which I would guess counts as bare metal

So now that I know how to upload photos, here are some. I've already started the model, just haven't official entered it.

Starting
DSCN1145_zps4599203f.jpg

Part of cockpit. I don't have photo etching so it isn't super detailed, but should still work.
DSCN1157_zps08fff2e7.jpg

More build pictures
DSCN1160_zps22a31521.jpg

DSCN1164_zpsfef45c1f.jpg

DSCN1170_zpsb9195b8a.jpg

Nice job so far. From what I've seen on previous posts this kit has some fit issues, good luck with it.

Nice start, ibuild!

rookie said:
Nice job so far. From what I've seen on previous posts this kit has some fit issues, good luck with it.

Rookie's correct, though the fit issues are not necessarily consistent from one pop to the next. Even back in the day, when this was a new cool kit to us kids in the 60's and 70's, there were some. But some guys encountered them, others didn't. You'll have to see how yours is. The molds go back to the late 60's, if I remember correctly, but your boxing is much more recent. But I look forward to seeing your progress!

i have the same plane in my collection it have some problems at gun part and body connection but its fun kit. im sure you will get rid of problems easly cant wait to see the result GL!

You're off to a really nice start. Watch out for the doors for the nose gun bay. I had a terrible time with fit in that area. Hope yours is better!

That's definitely looking good.

If it's for the contest, though, I can move it down with the other entries if you'd like

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how the fit goes.

Quaralane...I would appreciated it if you would. Thanks.

ibuild, this will be a fun one to follow. I like the style of this plane. I have this kit and seeing your build gets me wanting to start mine. Looking forward to your progress.

Latest posts

Back