Revell 1:48 Do 335-V10 Night Fighter

Jason,
You've got that "Flying Aardvark" looking sweet. Definitively one of Germany's more
unusual designs. Very cool.
You've got me inspired to join the 46+ group build. Think I'm going to do a Horton.
Bill

Grendels said:
Moving along very well.

Thanks John. I'm trying hard to keep this one moving, it been a while since I've managed to finish anything, (my desk/bench is littered with started builds). Should be easy to finish with this one, so far it's a fun build. Some minor fit issues, nothing crazy. I'm actually really looking forward to painting it up...

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah, looking great. Love that design.

Me too. I've also got the Tamiya kit also, and I built a 1:72 Revell Do 335 kit a long time ago. I'm actually surprised, there are a number of kit offerings of the 335 from Revell, Tamiya and Dragon.

PANZERMAN said:
Jason,
You've got that "Flying Aardvark" looking sweet. Definitively one of Germany's more
unusual designs. Very cool.
You've got me inspired to join the 46+ group build. Think I'm going to do a Horton.
Bill

You should join us - Would you plan to do the Revell kit or the Dragon night fighter version?

Shaping up nicely.

Here's to keeping the mojo and crossing the finish line.

Thanks guys. I'm still working at it. Filling, sanding, hoping to prime...soon.

Sorry Ferris. Some guys build fast and fabulous (Kens 229 build comes to mind), I on the other hand just build slowly. ;D

It's not stalled, just taking shape a little more deliberately. :)

Thanks N.D. :)

Seam work is done (I think - I'll know for sure after I prime). I guess I didn't get the panels to line up as nice as I hoped. Now I'm stretching sprue and marking out the panel lines I sanded away. I'll start repairing them in the next couple days; could be a small delay, I've just got a bunch of stuff to finish up at work and around the house right now.

Be that as it may.

Ken Abrams said:
Here's to keeping the mojo and crossing the finish line.

Doing my best to keep the mojo throttle wide open ;D

I had some seam lines to re-scribe as well, probably my least favorite part of aircraft modeling... after cockpits that is.

Keep at it.

Ken Abrams said:
I had some seam lines to re-scribe as well, probably my least favorite part of aircraft modeling... after cockpits that is.

I like painting cockpits now - never used to. Have to agree with you about the seams though. The other task I don't like is masking the canopies (which is what I'm working on right now :p). I have yet to find a "good" method that I like. Some German aircraft have the "green house" syndrome... :p

Raised panel lines have been restored, with stretched sprue. Priming & pictures soon...

Jason

Masking done! :)
A couple more items to glue on and I'm off to prime this bad boy.

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

Noice!

oh and I misspoke earlier, it's can-o-peas for me too, not cockpits per say. I only build 1/72 so cockpits are preety simple.

it's that stupid glass masking bit...

Jason, nice work on the canopy masking. When you see it all masked off, you realize what a "pane" it is.
HaHa! Get it pane, instead of pain. The crowd Hisses and Booo's.
Seriously, good work there. Can't wait to see her painted up. Bill

A nice bit of masking there, looks good before primer, so it should look great with paint!

Yes J feeling your "PANE"when it comes to masking. Would have to be my least favourite job, I have an almost complete P38 that has been sitting waiting for the canopy to be masked for about 8 months ( put things off much ?)...

This sure was an ugly looking bird, you are making it look good :)

Nice progress, Jason! This is a classic kit, from that generation of kits where Monogram really achieved some nice details. I'm with you on masking a canopy. I still don't like it as much as some other steps in a build, and I'm still looking for techniques to make it easier. I've tried using Parafilm, which didn't go so well on a vacuform, but that was more because the vacuform was fiddly to work with. I currently use 3M's blue painter's tape, but I'm going to try Tamiya tape, and also 3M Scotch tape (the opaque tape), to see how it goes.

One constant I've learned in masking a canopy--always use a new #11 blade.

Latest posts

Back